Executive Recruiter

Human Resources

This is a great employer that has a strong focus in promoting diverse talents within the organisation.

Human Resources

Culture is relationship driven. Ensure you align with a senior leader early on. Keep eye out for a sponsor/mentor to help move you along.

Flexibility really depends on what function you work for.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Depends on credentials and what function applying to. Some functions are in desperate need of diversifying workforce.

Men are highly valued, it's a backstabbing culture where playing favorites is extremely common. I changed departments, thinking this may improve, but it's the same.

BD "flexbile work" polciies don't apply to all departments; managers don't implement but don't give logical reasons for not allowing flexible/remote work schedules.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

As a young female looking to break into a new industry, my specific experience was quite awful. I was taught quite a bit about the perils of a corporate environment and given the work of three jobs, to my one paycheck. In a conversation with HR, I was told that the environment at BD was "passive aggressive" and if I couldn't adapt to this particular brand of work environment (where nbobody tolerated honesty and openness and instead talked behind people's backs and gossiped like middle-schoolers), maybe this wasn't the place for me. Should have listened sooner!

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. I believe that perhaps in other departments, individuals may have better luck. I was unfortunately placed under two female managers who treated me quite awfully -- they were catty and competitive to a fault. I personally never felt like I was being treated fairly and that, as a young female, I wasn't taken seriously in the workplace despite my solid work and work ethic.

Technical Support

The leadership is almost completely white males. The women here are very cliquey and closed off to letting in new women. People generally stay here a long time, so you are the new person to people that know each other for ~10 years +. Everyone protects their own job. Bonuses are few, lay-offs are often yearly. Benefits are very good but they are outweighed by the lack of opportunities. At the time I was there, sick leave was very generous, which I think could be applied to maternity leave.

Maybe. good benefits but poor upward mobility

I have worked here for 24 years. There are / have been females in leadership / upper management roles for the majority of my tenure. Fair treatment of female associates varies depending on department / functional area worked, and more so by reporting manager / department head. The level of work/life balance support depends primarily on the manager. Flex hours, work at home, etc are options, but at the discretion of the manager / department head. I have had several years on the negative side of this discretion, but now work for a manager and under a department head who is very understanding and flexible... as long as there is no abuse abuse of privileges.