Anonymous - 11291 Software Engineer

My experience is that the company treats you fairly, however, promotions rarely occur.

anon2618 Contract Manager, Legal

Boeing is slowly acknowledging the need for a work-life balance.

Funtybabe

Don't work here especially as Minority. They low-ball you and there is no progression. You get 5 weeks of partial pay for maternity leave and will most likely come back to a different job with a bad boss that gives you crazy amount of work. Stay away

More work when you come back from maternity leave. There are pumping rooms in every building but depending on location, some book faster than others. 5 weeks 80% STD which doesn't run concurrently with FMLA bonding leave. Total comp is not reflective of qualifications and contribution. No growth opportunity for Minorities. Bureaucratic and political!

Not good
techgkrp Engineer, Mp&p

It is very homogenous and white male centric. You will frequently find yourself to be the only woman in a meeting.

Solstice Environmental, Health, And Safety

As with all companies, your experience will vary by manager and team. I am fortunate that my team of twelve members has a fairly even distribution of men and women (seven women and five men) and our manager (male) tries to judge us objectively based on our performance, skills, and experience. Throughout the company, there are many women in VP and senior manager positions. There can still be more female leadership and diversity as the CEO is male and there is only one female among the next top three highest ranking positions. And all are white. Parental leave benefits are average. Employees still must use disability benefits for time off for childbirth. The culture here also discourages sabbaticals or leaves of absence for anything other than medical issues. There is still some derogatory language against women present in the workplace but it is very rare.

openandhonest16 Structural Analysis Engineer

Being in such a big company, there are a lot of differences depending on what group/part of the company you are in. Overall the company culture is delayed of where it should be however, so join at your own risk. Look to be a part of organizations where diversity is already present, and you'll likely have a better time.

Depends on the location and a case by case basis. I've heard of some groups being completely fair and open to advancing women, while many others still have "the good ol' boys club" mentality and the culture is just not up to speed with what you'd expect.
pancake07 Information Systems

Women can and do succeed at Boeing; I have never felt at a disadvantage or disrespected because of my gender.

The only paid part is 6-8 weeks short term disability.
sharingMyExperience Girl

Boeing culture is based on a male-dominated, 30 year old government/defense culture. Like government/defense Boeing is very, very slow to change. Boeing's ads and marketing try to paint a different picture but it is simply lip-service and image building. I worked at Boeing for about 10 years. Only males were in leadership and defining roles. Women were simply the worker-bees. My significant contributions to the company were belittled, dismissed or accredited to male co-workers who had close-relationships with the good-old-boy management team. I met and heard similar stories from many, many women while I was there.

Technically the work at the company is very, very interesting but don't expect to be treated fairly in job assignments, pay, or promotions
daisy Girl

n/a

Depends on where in the company.

Women Review Boeing for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Boeing by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 13 reviews Company Website anon2618 Funtybabe techgkrp Solstice openandhonest16 pancake07 sharingMyExperience Girl daisy Girl