3.1

Solstice

Environmental, Health, And Safety

As with all companies, your experience will vary by manager and team. I am fortunate that my team of twelve members has a fairly even distribution of men and women (seven women and five men) and our manager (male) tries to judge us objectively based on our performance, skills, and experience. Throughout the company, there are many women in VP and senior manager positions. There can still be more female leadership and diversity as the CEO is male and there is only one female among the next top three highest ranking positions. And all are white. Parental leave benefits are average. Employees still must use disability benefits for time off for childbirth. The culture here also discourages sabbaticals or leaves of absence for anything other than medical issues. There is still some derogatory language against women present in the workplace but it is very rare.

Manager

Thank you for sharing your personal insights. We value and appreciate your time to provide us with opportunities to improve.

openandhonest16

Structural Analysis Engineer

Being in such a big company, there are a lot of differences depending on what group/part of the company you are in. Overall the company culture is delayed of where it should be however, so join at your own risk. Look to be a part of organizations where diversity is already present, and you'll likely have a better time.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Depends on the location and a case by case basis. I've heard of some groups being completely fair and open to advancing women, while many others still have "the good ol' boys club" mentality and the culture is just not up to speed with what you'd expect.

pancake07

Information Systems

Women can and do succeed at Boeing; I have never felt at a disadvantage or disrespected because of my gender.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

The only paid part is 6-8 weeks short term disability.

sharingMyExperience Girl

Boeing culture is based on a male-dominated, 30 year old government/defense culture. Like government/defense Boeing is very, very slow to change. Boeing's ads and marketing try to paint a different picture but it is simply lip-service and image building. I worked at Boeing for about 10 years. Only males were in leadership and defining roles. Women were simply the worker-bees. My significant contributions to the company were belittled, dismissed or accredited to male co-workers who had close-relationships with the good-old-boy management team. I met and heard similar stories from many, many women while I was there.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Technically the work at the company is very, very interesting but don't expect to be treated fairly in job assignments, pay, or promotions

daisy Girl

n/a

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Depends on where in the company.

Lady Rockstar11

Women were treated very fairly. Though upper management was mostly male, I never felt they treated women different than men who worked for them.

Lady memee

Human Resources Generalist

Human Resources

I was a new mom when I joined the company. Pumping was a huge challenge. The campus I was on was big and the it took about 20 minutes (one-way) to get to the nearest mother's room. I ended up trying to book conference rooms in my building or pumped in the restroom. Difficult for women in leadership to balance work and family with demanding hours.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

The company is huge and it really depends on the business unit/job.

Lady Esmerelda

Finance

Easy hours on the defense side. Work is easy and uninteresting. Benefits are decent.

Manager

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Boeing in the past year?

say gotten better