GravelMonkey Geologist

This company is moving in the righjt direction and has the right policies in place (UK). It is also possible to progress rapidly, providing your line management is supportive, and you are able to 'break out' from the line. First-level line management is still heavily dominated by men, and I have received comments like 'you don't need to worry - you will do ok because you are a woman' and 'we want to set you up for success - another woman had difficulty being a line manager in this region so this probably isn't the right place for you to become a line manager'' - this is a symptom of the industry in general. There is still work to do - but the company are aware of the issues they have and are putting a lot of effort into addressing them.

It's long hours, well paid but a man's workplace at BP.

The leave is great however they fired me when I told my boss I was pregnant. Prior to this I was given the top rating for 2 consecutive years and was on the top talent list.

I was given 6 weeks of paid (full time) maternity leave, and any time after that (dipping into long-term disability) was paid at half salary.

6 full time pay remaining 6 half time pay
The company likes to talk the diversity talk and has a "women's initiative" to level out the executive women roles with men, but I don't see a lot of action. Maybe in the future.. who knows?
hittheglassceiling

Policies are dependent upon your immediate supervisor and can change as you transfer positions.

They pay 8 weeks if you have a c-section.
on-site day care, flex Friday work schedule, on-site gym facilities
Lady Geese in Flight

There is equal opportunity for women who are operationally minded; because that is the ethos of the organisation. The hierarchy is very strong, and it might be difficult to progress to the level of your competence if you haven't been in the organization for your entire career. Even more challenging if you join from another industry.

If you are very operationally minded, and just want to get on with the work, you might enjoy it. If you are an expansive thinker or innovator, I would steer clear
Lady InRed

Leave policies differ greatly depending on your country of residence. In the U.S., it is quite difficult to get a straight-forward answer of all of the benefits available to you. They offer far more generous leave time than FMLA, but the issue is how long can you go without pay as much of the generous time off is without pay.

Lady OilinHouston

I've worked here for almost 15 years, the jobs are great, and we have on-site daycare, which is really helpful, we also get every other Friday off, and management is overall ok with flexible time. However, it goes both ways, and I'm also expected to take calls at 6 or 7 am, or answer emails in the weekends. We have equal rights policies, but in reality vast majority of management is male and WASP.

people are treated fairly, but the company is going through yet-again another reorg
Lady Christmas

Madam Hope4future

I would suggest that you try to get to know your boss and bosses boss. Also actively seek opportunists to find mentors and friends in other parts of the organization so that you can find other opportunists if you need them. Never worth going to HR about issues as they are sticky working for the company and have no interest in helping you the employee.

Depends on position and their disposition
Lady RTex Category Manager, Procurement and Supply Chain Mgt

Know the internal rules to get ahead: Networking and relationships are key.

If a woman wants flexible hours for less salary

Women Review BP for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of BP by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 16 reviews Company Website GravelMonkey anon1819 hittheglassceiling Lady Geese in Flight Lady InRed Lady OilinHouston Lady Christmas Madam Hope4future Lady RTex