• Top rated company current
3.7

Lady Sofia

Senior Consultant

Federal Human Capital

I have worked here for 6 years and, compared to other similar firms, there are many female leader role models to look up to and emulate. This company most certainly exudes values of gender equality, which are put into practice daily. However, Deloitte Consulting demands a high amount of work hours, commitment, and dedication, which can at times weigh on your work/life fit. This can affect all individuals, regardless of gender, etc. as one tried to navigate a thriving career and similar personal life.

Lady Beach2015

There are lots of flexibilities in my role as a senior manager. Performance expectations are high, but the quality of your teams and peers is top-notch. I think the company could do better to support the career growth of all its senior level managers, but in particular women. It is a very competitive environment and the performance measurements does not always promote collaboration and teamwork.

Lady 1yrMore

Audit Senior Assistant

Audit

Although surrounded by smart and ambitious people, prepare to give up your social life.

Recruiting Specialist

Talent

A positive work/life fit is what Deloitte strives to deliver to all of it's employees - women and men alike. In many areas within the firm, a full-time telecommuting environment is offered. Additionally, approximately seven hours of PTO is accumulated each pay period. It's nearly impossible to use it all in one year (unless you have a toddler, then you come close. Speaking from experience)! Recently, the firm has implemented more firm-wide holidays to allow for all professionals to spend time unplugged from the office and with their families. Overall - Deloitte is always looking for ways to provide their employees with as much flexibility and personal growth as possible.

Lady koog_rules

I have been with Deloitte Consulting for 3 years. There are plenty of women executives that have opened doors from me from a networking perspective and an opportunity perspective. In my opinion, women are well supported at Deloitte and I would highly recommend it to others.

Lady Princess Sr. Con

S&O

Deloitte is an awesome company first and foremost. But there is A LOT of red tape and politics that people don't ever talk about. People you "need to know", activities and projects you "need to work on", it gets exhausting. Everyone says find activities and projects here that make you happy and are personally fulfilling but if those things are not properly aligned to what the company deems valuable. . .you run the potential of getting dinged during your evaluations. Which of course affects your bonus, raises and promotions. Even with that being said I have NEVER learned soooo much and worked with so many amazing people in my life. I am a much better person as a result of my experience at Deloitte and if I ever leave the firm I know for a fact that I will be prepared for anything. Even with all the red tape and politics, Deloitte is a great company and for where I am right now in my career, there is NO BETTER place for me to be.

Maybe. It would really depend on what their ultimate career goals were. As I see it in order to make it to the top here as a woman requires some level of giving up your personal dreams and goals.

The company has several formal programs and benefits that support its female employees.

Lady Ke$ha

Business Technology Analyst

I'm in technology consulting in the Financial Services industry and I've been very lucky to be surrounded by bright, amazing managers and mentors. Deloitte cultivates a strong women's network and we truly look out for each other.

Lady LongHours

Manager

The work from home opportunities, generous-time off policy, culture of inclusion, and amazing people make Deloitte a great organization. While working here, I got an offer for another job with more money, and I resigned. Less than two years later I was back. The grass is definitely not greener on the other side. Deloitte has a lot of what we call "boomerangs", and that speaks volumes in my opinion. Yes, we work long hours and sometimes in highly stressful situations. However, the ability to take time off, work remotely from anywhere, even get to the supermarket in the afternoon, is a tremendous benefit. Please note that I work in a group that does not have external client responsibilities. I realize that when you are working on a client project or at a client site, options can be more limited.

Maybe. There is a big emphasis on work-life balance. Granted, in this industry that is often hard to attain, but leadership does implement and support policies which encourage this.

Lady alo

Manager

Human Capital

The PTO is generous, but rarely are you able to take it and meet your goals. Also, in the year of a major life event (marriage, baby), you will be penalized from a year end evaluation perspective for taking time off.