Lady LongHours

Manager

The work from home opportunities, generous-time off policy, culture of inclusion, and amazing people make Deloitte a great organization. While working here, I got an offer for another job with more money, and I resigned. Less than two years later I was back. The grass is definitely not greener on the other side. Deloitte has a lot of what we call "boomerangs", and that speaks volumes in my opinion. Yes, we work long hours and sometimes in highly stressful situations. However, the ability to take time off, work remotely from anywhere, even get to the supermarket in the afternoon, is a tremendous benefit. Please note that I work in a group that does not have external client responsibilities. I realize that when you are working on a client project or at a client site, options can be more limited.

Maybe. There is a big emphasis on work-life balance. Granted, in this industry that is often hard to attain, but leadership does implement and support policies which encourage this.

Lady alo

Human Capital

The PTO is generous, but rarely are you able to take it and meet your goals. Also, in the year of a major life event (marriage, baby), you will be penalized from a year end evaluation perspective for taking time off.

Lady LPN

Senior Manager

Technology

I worked for Deloitte for over 10 years and was a very senior Senior Manager. I made it through the birth of two children at Deloitte. I was up for Partner. As I thought about what it would take for me to go up for Partner, I realized that I didn't want to make the type of sacrifices required for me to achieve that level within the firm. The year I left, I worked the equivalent of 8 hours a day 360 days of the year. I worked weekends, nights, holidays. I worked on vacation. It was not the life I wanted - especially with two young children. I loved Deloitte because I was a driven and ambitious woman and it presented me with the ultimate client challenges; however, the more I put it all in perspective, the more I didn't want to give up all the time I would lose with my children. I took a new job in industry and I'm 100x happier. Time is the one thing that you can never get back.

Maybe. Deloitte is a highly performance driven company. As I became more senior I realized that it is not that the company isn't fair to women. It is that the company has unrealistic expectations and demands for all its senior level employees. This makes it particularly difficult for women to be able to succeed at the highest levels - especially if you are a mother.

Lady MTBrider

Great company

Lady mri4747

Senior Consultant

Consulting

I have worked here for 3 years and feel that the company has pushed for equal pay and rights for women and improved drastically in the last 2 years. There are a lot of women initiatives with in the company that allow you to network with other females in leadership roles as well as educate others on how to be successful.

Maybe. Due to the travel some women, based on their personal needs, may not enjoy this job

Lady Clark

I have worked here for 3 years, and have had great opportunities come my way. My experience in relating to male and female colleagues and leadership alike has been extremely positive, and I have never felt excluded because I am a woman. This firm is also improving its work-life balance policies by leaps and bounds. Every primary caregiver gets a minimum of 14 weeks paid maternity leave and can take up to 6 months total, employees receive a minimum of 5 weeks personal time off per year, and the firm has added 2 extra holidays per year for the past 2 years. Additionally, I am given the opportunity to work from home several days a week in order to make my life easier with my baby in daycare. The flexibility and trust here is very impressive.

Lady LJandOG

Talent Acquisition

I worked here for 9 years. Maternity leave is generous, but depending on the organization you are in, taking full advantage of the paid leave can have a negative impact or stall your career when you return. Outside of client service roles you tend to have a bit more flexibility (work hours, working from home, etc.) Annual salary increases and bonuses are minimal if you are not in a client facing role.

Lady camp

Amazing place to start your career or to launch into a new phase of your career. Work-life fit becomes more difficult as you move up. You really own your own career and have to be proactive about seeking out projects that work best for you, negotiating salary, setting work-life boundaries, etc.

Lady On Top

Manager

This job is what you make it. If you want to get ahead, of course you will sacrifice your personal life. However, the advancement opportunities are great.

Madam anon155

I am not an employee yet. I am a subcontractor on the verge of becoming an employee. It is a process that I have yet to truly start the paperwork for. Having said that, I have worked with the company on my current project for nearly 8 months and have had many differing sorts of treatment depending on the person with whom I am interacting. In general, though, women are given responsibility and opportunity. I'm excited to get onboard soon.