Dow Jones http://new.dowjones.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Dow Jones?
dowjones1

Dow Jones is a great place to work, and there are women at the highest levels of the company, including in the C-Suite.

madison

Not a great place to advance as a woman. Difficult to hobnob with the bosses, who are all men.

CorpMama

To do your job well at Dow Jones in the current culture, you are most definitely expected to sacrifice time with family. Everyone is very pleasant and supportive on the surface, but it's clear that you must be connected to work at all times.

I had to fight for a promotion I had been promised prior to going on leave. I felt as if I had to re-prove myself upon my return. While everyone was very sweet and supportive on the surface, both my direct report and the head of my department ignored and avoided my requests to work from home on Fridays when transitioning back to work. I was also turned down when I asked to use my accrued paid time off on Fridays for the first 2 months back. I felt really uncomfortable and unstable in the role I had worked very hard over the previous 4 years to earn. I caught the drift and eventually forced myself to act as if I didn't have a child (being available at all times on email, working from home after hours, staying late on a regular basis). It was only then that I was able to secure a promotion. I saw this same pattern, in varying degrees, across other departments as well.

rp2044 Reporter

There aren't enough women in senior leadership roles and it remains a very white male (and sometimes alpha) organisation, particularly in the newsroom. But the company does seem to want to change that.

anon2714 Product

Things are changing, hopefully for the better. This is a work in progress.

I have enjoyed the environment here and there are many opportunities for growth.

ILoveYaTomorrow

It's a tough time to be in this industry as it reshapes itself. For a younger employee, I would advise looking at digital media companies who are not struggling with the transition from print to digital.

depends on where they are in their career timeline.
bluejay Producer, Newsroom

Day-to-day experience are largely dependent on your direct manager. Benefits are pretty good. Keeping an eye out on the results of the investigation into the disparities in pay for women and minorities. Upward mobility is very much an issue also.

candyapple

Policies vary depending on who your manager is and how willing they are to work with you to maintain your work-life balance.

The vacation policy is generous and I was able to add an extra weeks using that.
It varies depending on your department and supervisor.
LadyWest

Insurance benefits are better than most. The company strives for equality, but fails because the infrastructure/systems/processes (to make it happen), is not here. This is an old establishment, and change is slower than start-ups. Regardless, I would encourage you to work here.

Women Review Dow Jones for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Jones by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 87 reviews Company Website dowjones1 madison CorpMama rp2044 anon2714 anon2632 ILoveYaTomorrow bluejay candyapple LadyWest