Lady Leigh

While there are a lot of women who work within the advertising sales and marketing department, mid-level employees skew on the younger side (read: not a lot of mothers) which made coming back from maternity leave that much more difficult as I didn't really feel like I had any allies. At 12 weeks paid, maternity leave is on the generous side for the U.S. but the company does little to help mothers re-adjust when returning to work. For example, I had to reach out to HR to ask where the pumping room was on my first day back.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Recommended to women but not necessarily to working mothers.

Lady Marigold

Although men and women seem to be treated fairly, there is little room for growth in general. Promotions and raises seem to be given to those who are favored by upper management and are not given to the most hard working employees. As a result, morale is often low at times among the over worked and under paid.

Lady copperboom

Sales Manager

Ad Sales

While I do think that overall, especially the higher you rise in upper management, Dow Jones is a boys' club, my personal experience has been wonderful. The women who work there in executive roles that I have worked under have been supportive and understanding, and have made life as a working mom substantially easier.

Lady LightBlue

Supervisor

I think women are treated fairly in this company, and there are equal number of men and women in executive positions. Medical benefits and other perks are really great and work/life balance is supported by many of the managers that I knew.

Lady gee

Reporter

Barron's

I spent 10 years at the company working up the ranks at various teams. I learned and grew a lot, but was at a point where I was stuck regarding where to go next when I was laid off. If you're enterprising, the sky's the limit, but remember that ceilings do exist. And that sucks.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I think for a woman starting out, it's a great place--for a mother, it's tough going out there

Lady Sapphire

Sales

I have worked here for 5+ years and there have been a lot of improvements regarding opportunities for women. The executive level is dominated by men, but recently more women have been put in positions of power. I truly enjoy the work and this company otherwise I wouldn't have been there as long as I have, but hard/smart work is demanded.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Men dominate the executive level, but there are a few women who have broken through.

Lady banana212

There are a lot of women in senior roles here - but still a bit of a boys club at times. As long as you stick it out and prove yourself there's room to move up!

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It's a bit stuffy, but if you're looking for stability WSJ is great.

Lady Luna

Terrible maternity leave and work-life balance. A bit of a boys club mentality on the sales side and management hasn't proven to deal well with inappropriate work-place behavior. Steer clear.

Lady Elisa

Performance Analyst

Ad Operations

I've been here for a year and there doesn't seem to be much opportunity for growth. Currently at an entry level position, there are plenty of women that work hard and are pleasant to work with. Morale can get low and the bureaucracy often gets in the way. Most of the VPs of the organization and upper management are men, with a few shot-calling women who are pulling for good change. I can't speak to maternity leave here, but other health benefits are robust and vacation time off is as well. I know that child care subsidies are provided, but can't speak to their function. All in all, the company has been good (not great, not terrible) to work for in this past year. It just doesn't seems like the ceiling is very low.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

There's certainly a boys club in some parts of the company and some gender segregation when it comes to job type (marketing, events for women/ tech, management for men. But people are willing to change and hard work is well recognized

Pat Girl

Its a company that is constantly restructuring and the people (men or women) who make it to the top are the ones that are in political favor at the moment. If you're looking for a job where you can have good hours, an easy-going culture and/or work-from-home opportunities, seek out a low-profile department doing something mundane and necessary and you will survive and have a good work/life balance.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

If they are looking for work-life balance, yes. If they are looking to advance, no.

Women Review Dow Jones for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Jones by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 88 reviews Company Website Lady Leigh Lady Marigold Lady copperboom Lady LightBlue Lady gee Lady Sapphire Lady banana212 Lady Luna Lady Elisa Pat Girl