YoungPro

It's a nice way to start a professinoal career. Not a great place to grow. Limited oppportunities

The company has its ups and downs. There is only limited rom for growth, and as budget cuts are constantly made I feel that more people are leaving and taking their talents somewhere new
spinspinsugar

I would advise them to be weary, only due to the unfair pay wages for women.

The entrepreneurial spirit permeates across all levels and women are bold, strong, smart and above all kind. It's a company that rewards hard work and results. A huge thumbs up!

brooklyn23

It doesn't pay much, and depending on the department the work-life balance depends on your boss.

I was paid partial pay for those paid weeks, that depends on how long you've been at the company.
Depends on department

There are many women senior leaders at Dow Jones. I think it is a great place for women and am appreciative of the opportunities that I have had, as well as the broad base of support I have both from senior management and the entire HR/talent team.

Lady Leigh

While there are a lot of women who work within the advertising sales and marketing department, mid-level employees skew on the younger side (read: not a lot of mothers) which made coming back from maternity leave that much more difficult as I didn't really feel like I had any allies. At 12 weeks paid, maternity leave is on the generous side for the U.S. but the company does little to help mothers re-adjust when returning to work. For example, I had to reach out to HR to ask where the pumping room was on my first day back.

Recommended to women but not necessarily to working mothers.
Lady Marigold

Although men and women seem to be treated fairly, there is little room for growth in general. Promotions and raises seem to be given to those who are favored by upper management and are not given to the most hard working employees. As a result, morale is often low at times among the over worked and under paid.

Lady copperboom Sales Manager, Ad Sales

While I do think that overall, especially the higher you rise in upper management, Dow Jones is a boys' club, my personal experience has been wonderful. The women who work there in executive roles that I have worked under have been supportive and understanding, and have made life as a working mom substantially easier.

Lady LightBlue Supervisor

I think women are treated fairly in this company, and there are equal number of men and women in executive positions. Medical benefits and other perks are really great and work/life balance is supported by many of the managers that I knew.

Lady gee Reporter, Barron's

I spent 10 years at the company working up the ranks at various teams. I learned and grew a lot, but was at a point where I was stuck regarding where to go next when I was laid off. If you're enterprising, the sky's the limit, but remember that ceilings do exist. And that sucks.

I think for a woman starting out, it's a great place--for a mother, it's tough going out there

Women Review Dow Jones for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Jones by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 83 reviews Company Website YoungPro spinspinsugar brooklyn23 Lady anon1217 Lady Leigh Lady Marigold Lady copperboom Lady LightBlue Lady gee