Jane

It's definitely a clique-ish environment. If you're not a millennial, or a man, it can definitely be a pretty isolating place to work. This is a review of the WSJ.

WomanAtWSJ

There are a good amount of women in leadership positions, which is inspiring and motivating! This is a review of the WSJ.

anon1450 Reporter

Know what you want and you can fight for it, but nothing will be handed to you.

So thrilled the company now offers paid paternity leave, and that some men are actually starting to take it! Helps kill the stigma for women, too.
Depends on how assertive they are. Generally, yes.
candyland

Women are regularly placed in leadership roles, which is good to see

More effective managers

Overall, it is a good place to work. Like any organization, there are issues and concerns. My three biggest being: unequal compensation between men and women; terrible commissions plan; unequal promotion of women. During out last re-organization (back in August) only 1 woman was promoted a middle management postion. The rest were all maile. However, my co-workers are amazing and the culture is good. Every 2 years or so, we get a new CEO and the organization is restructured. I really like our current CEO, he seems to genuinly care about his people and strives to make DJ a good place to work.

With my first, DJ offered 6 weeks of pay. With my second, DJ offered 12 weeks of pay.
I do like my job and I love my boss. That being said, I say "maybe" because enjoyment at DJ is largely dependent upon who your boss is. I've had 5 different bosses in 3.5 years, so if you are someone who thrives on stability this may not be the place for you. If you do get a good boss, DJ supports a work/life balance, but if you do not get a good boss, HR will always back your manager, despite their proposed policy that DJ is a family friendly workplace.
Anonymous223

Somewhat of a mixed review. I do think there are many opportunities for women here but I don't believe we are compensated appropriately. Review for the Wall Street Journal

hjkddj16 Account Executive, Advertising Sales

The regional office I work in is very respectful of family commitments. I don't feel embarassed or guilty if I request to come in early, leave late or take a quick errand for something personal.

MiraMis Technology Director

Fabulous place to work if you're not ambitious. Great benefits, very flexible working hours.

Their benefits and flexibility for working are fabulous. Its not a great place for 'ambitious' women. Its a place of work, maybe not 'career'.
St. Lucia

I think they are a family friendly company but I also think they assume people care more about flexiable hours/vacation/benefits for them and their families rather than paying them more accordingly.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews
DJ4716

I'm treated equally and fiarly, with wonderful flexibility in hours. Not my direct superior, but his superiors up the line for 3 or 4 positions are all women under 50, and are making big strides in our field.

Women Review Dow Jones for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Jones by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 83 reviews Company Website Jane WomanAtWSJ anon1450 candyland anon1456 Anonymous223 hjkddj16 MiraMis St. Lucia DJ4716