Anonymous315 Finance

Depends on which department you work in - some are really great, others are not as flexible

cinderella Reporter

It's tough to walk the line between aggressive reporter, advocate for your work and ideas, and likeable female colleague, and almost inevitable for you to get cast as a b**ch at different points in your tenure. DON'T let it discourage you, and build up as many positive moments of interaction, support, trust and care as you can with coworkers, bosses, anyone else in the company to help counterbalance the inevitable.

Journalista

This company has kept me engaged, adequately compensated and professionally satisfied for the last two decades.

CherryBomb423 Customer Service

There isn't much room for growth. They will tell there is but there isn't. If you and a man are applying for the same role, be prepared for the man to get it over you even if you are the more qualified person. There is a big issue going on now about how men are paid more then women here for the same roles. They give you the minimum raise and management can give more but they never do. They don't even give performance based raises. So if you work hard and and someone else does the minimum to get by, you are getting the same amount at raise time. The benefits aren't too bad which is about the only really good thing they have here and they do have a day care here so you can bring your child to work with you basically. If you speak your mind about things you don't agree with in the company and think are wrong, be prepared to get picked on by upper management.

Lady Za

I love working for this company and I especially love the people I work with. We have made a lot of positive change happen in the past few years. We also have many women in leadership positions, including C-suite, and they are all very supportive of women in the company. That being said, there have been issues. When I first started in the company, there was some horizontal movement made within my department. During this time, another person in my department (male) was "accidentally" given a slight raise - he started after me, had less experience and the same role. I brought this to the attention of HR and was told they would investigate. They followed up with one call after 5pm saying there was nothing to be done. If I had not accepted a position in another department, I would've pursued more. However, in my new position I am much happier and decided to leave it alone. I would still highly recommend this company. Their benefits alone are worth it. They also seem sincere in their attempts to rectify inequity within the company.

Reporterette Reporter, Newsroom

I have heard the parental benefits are wonderful, but I haven't explored that personally.

I don't know whether the pay challenges I've faced are limited to me or are widely applicable.
Working-woman2016

This is a great place for women with lot of benefits.

Championing

Better than some employers that I have worked for in the past but there is a level of bias

More recognition for hard work
Anonymous Username

Make sure you get hired with a fair salary, it is much harder to correct once you are in the company

Not for Pay, Hiring
Depends on the department
Balmain09

Overall the support working mothers but they can always do more

Women Review Dow Jones for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Jones by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 83 reviews Company Website Anonymous315 cinderella Journalista CherryBomb423 Lady Za Reporterette Working-woman2016 Championing Anonymous Username Balmain09