Eli Lilly and Company http://www.lilly.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Eli Lilly and Company?
Lady DeeBee Logistics

I think women are generally treated fairly, although, there is a sharp division between those with college degrees and those without. It is almost impossible to advance without a degree, regardless of skill set and experience. I have taken medical leave, and while generous, the time out of the workplace is counted against you in annual evaluations and bonus calculations.

A woman with a degree has a better chance than one without.
Lady mhakala81 Sr. Associate, Legal

I've worked at Lilly for almost 2 years and I have never felt so appreciated. I have worked for other Fortune 500 companies where I have felt marginalized, at Lilly though they appreciate new ideas and a fresh perspective, they encourage growth and development, and recognize people for their talents.

Lady Leaderly Sales

Find 1 or 2 people that you can trust 100%, who have your best interest at heart, and will invest in you. Develop them as personal champions, trust ONLY them with your vulnerabilities, invest in those relationships, be intentional about YOUR growth. When asked what you think, remember that very few people who ask actually CARE, the rest of them are just curious. Learn how to tell the difference. Learn to be your Best Advocate.....bosses come and go here, but that shouldn't be a professional setback if you are the one managing your brand, development, and promotional opportunities. It is your career; have conversations about your career, and have them regularly. Ask for feedback...ask for written feedback regularly. Do yourself this favor so you won't be caught off guard. NOW- Learn to take feedback with a poker face and use it as a motivator. Learn to say No and Thank You with ease.

I have genuinely encouraged several women to join our company over the years (as recent as this year) because she was the right cultural, ethical, and professional fit. At the same time, I have encouraged and supported several talented, capable, and undervalued women within our organization to pursue their careers outside of our company. They just had too much to offer and no where to go at Lilly. These women have transitioned successfully to other Pharma companies and are significantly happier; they also increased salary, developmental opportunities, and overall earning potential. Win for them, Lose for Lilly.
Lady KatStark Marketing, Marketing

They are working on development, especially generational and gender issues, but there is a lot of work to be done. Many more men in leadership positions then women and some women undercut others to get ahead.

Lady matchu

Don't move to the midwest if you want a career and a family. You can only choose one here.

Lady WorkingMom Marketing

You and your husband can have fulfilling careers. Be mindful who you align yourself to.

Lady Larson90 Pharm rep, Diabetes

Jjjib

Madam anon1156

I've been here 15 years always staying technical. I know nothing about the management side. It depends on what you want out of your job. If you want to be hands on solving day to day issues and quickly seeing results, then process/plant engineering is for you. Downsides include long hours, always being on call, lower promotion potential. If you want to get promoted quickly corporate engineering is the place to be. Downsides is generally higher travel, working few men, and generally older men.

Lady Tess2344 Clinical Project Management

The benefits are great and there is lots of flexibility to manage work/life balance. But remember: Its a big company so your experience really depends on your local environment. There are still some pockets, where there are sexist leaders where it will be difficult to make a difference, where your value is determined by your gender. Respect for people is a key value. That is, unless you are working on a key deliverable. Then its arbitrary deadlines based on what leadership wants and a 7 day work week.

Lady tmwb Analyst, Managed Healthcare Services

Lilly is a good place for women to work and excel. Many women have been able to get into management and have had good careers. Personally, the men in my group seem to not care to have lives outside work, even though they all have wives and kids at home. I am much more focused on work life balance, but find it difficult when it is expected that I arrive early and leave late every day. My group members can be very disrespectful of this fact.

Women Review Eli Lilly and Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Eli Lilly and Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 11 reviews Company Website Lady DeeBee Lady mhakala81 Lady Leaderly Lady KatStark Lady matchu Lady WorkingMom Lady Larson90 Madam anon1156 Lady Tess2344 Lady tmwb