Eli Lilly and Company

3.6

"I think women are generally treated fairly, although, there is a sharp division between those with college degrees and those without. It is almost impossible to advance without a degree, regardless of skill set and experience. I have taken medical leave, and while generous, the time out of the workplace is counted against you in annual evaluations and bonus calculations."
N/A, Logistics
Would you recommend Eli Lilly and Company to other women?
"A woman with a degree has a better chance than one without."
"I've worked at Lilly for almost 2 years and I have never felt so appreciated. I have worked for other Fortune 500 companies where I have felt marginalized, at Lilly though they appreciate new ideas and a fresh perspective, they encourage growth and development, and recognize people for their talents."
Sr. Associate, Legal
Would you recommend Eli Lilly and Company to other women?
"Find 1 or 2 people that you can trust 100%, who have your best interest at heart, and will invest in you. Develop them as personal champions, trust ONLY them with your vulnerabilities, invest in those relationships, be intentional about YOUR growth. When asked what you think, remember that very few people who ask actually CARE, the rest of them are just curious. Learn how to tell the difference. Learn to be your Best Advocate.....bosses come and go here, but that shouldn't be a professional setback if you are the one managing your brand, development, and promotional opportunities. It is your career; have conversations about your career, and have them regularly. Ask for feedback...ask for written feedback regularly. Do yourself this favor so you won't be caught off guard. NOW- Learn to take feedback with a poker face and use it as a motivator. Learn to say No and Thank You with ease."
N/A, Sales
Would you recommend Eli Lilly and Company to other women?
"I have genuinely encouraged several women to join our company over the years (as recent as this year) because she was the right cultural, ethical, and professional fit. At the same time, I have encouraged and supported several talented, capable, and undervalued women within our organization to pursue their careers outside of our company. They just had too much to offer and no where to go at Lilly. These women have transitioned successfully to other Pharma companies and are significantly happier; they also increased salary, developmental opportunities, and overall earning potential. Win for them, Lose for Lilly."
"They are working on development, especially generational and gender issues, but there is a lot of work to be done. Many more men in leadership positions then women and some women undercut others to get ahead."
Marketing, Marketing
Would you recommend Eli Lilly and Company to other women?
"Don't move to the midwest if you want a career and a family. You can only choose one here."
Would you recommend Eli Lilly and Company to other women?
"On the surface, lilly does have good benifits. But it is still the midwest, so your boss still treats you differently after having a child."
"You and your husband can have fulfilling careers. Be mindful who you align yourself to."
N/A, Marketing
Would you recommend Eli Lilly and Company to other women?
"There is an extensive old boys network politically, but there are some supportive leaders too."