anon1980

N/A at this time as I'm new to all of this

• 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

anon2908 Graphic Designer

Amazing benefits and parental leave that is flexible for 12 months post delivery is awesome. Over half of my team and superiors are women.

I took 7 weeks and then started WFH. The other 5 weeks I'm taking in Fridays of until May (allowed to take similar to vacation days for the following 12 months per manager discretion)
  • 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

Varies by business unit, but overall I would say most employees have very flexible schedules.

IBM has been a boys club and still remains one today. Many talented women are overlooked for job promtions and leadership positions based on a internal network that reminds me of high school. If you are not one of the them you will struggle to get an inside track.

Luna Senior Manager

Diversity is not only talk at IBM. IBM offers paid maternity leave in IBM US. They offer breast milk delivery in IBM Philippines. They offer same gender partner benefits in India. IBM Japan has a first-class program for people with different abilities to train them and stay in the workforce. In Russia IBM hosted the first Inclusive Forum in the private sector. There is a new Women Network in IBM Pakistan. Unconscious Bias sessions happen all over the world, in far away places like IBM Morocco. 80 bright, upcoming women in the Middle East and Africa got together in a session dedicated to building their leadership muscle and serving the community in Johannesburg. IBM Ireland has paid Paternity Leave. The list goes on. Net is: IBM gets things done.

I had twins and I was able to be dedicated to them for a full year, and got reinstated to my job. No questions asked. After that I worked 4 years part time, and finally when the boys started kindergarten, I returned to a full time schedule.
hiddengems

some roles are ideal, you can work from home and get support for that. if you are in a sales role it is hard if you have family

depends on the role, leader etc.
yofi Senior Consultant, Strategy & Business Development

Expect to travel a lot. Not many positions allow you to work from home or have a good work life balance.

effy Software Engineer, Cds

Be strong, and push back if necessary. You can't trust everyone, but there's a lot of good people here.

Really depends on the team you are joining.

Both policies and staff are very flexible from an hours perspective - but be prepared that the company expects extremely long hours (eg, you will make up for it in spades) regardless of any life circumstance. There remains a wage gap and a glass ceiling that few can break (and when they do, there is a large social media expectation).

Depends on what they want to do and how high the position they want

Even with a female CEO, IBM is still a man's company.

It's great for women in the executive ranks.
Ibmgirl100

Great place to work for an engineer. I highly recommend IBM to other women

Na

Women Review IBM for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of IBM by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 87 reviews Company Website anon1980 anon2908 anon2780 Luna hiddengems yofi effy anon1776 Ibmgirl100