Director Human Resourcees

Human Resources

You will make friends for life. I know I have. You will also have the opportunity to bring your authentic self to work.

I have been able to balance the many different stages of life at IBM. From an infant, to a teenage, to elderly parents. The culture allows for flexibility and managers supported.

However, that was many years ago. Today our policy is 20 weeks.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

IBM is great place to advance your career - both as an individual and as a woman. In my 15+ years in the company I have never felt that my gender has held me back or prevented me from going after (and usually getting) and opportunity that I pursued. We have a strong culture of inclusion and continuous learning, and opportunities to do new things and advance in your career are available for anyone who has the aspiration and ambition to go after them. The maternity (and paternity) leave policies are also very generous, and actually doubled last year, which makes it a great place to balance a career and a family.

IBM has a long history of valuing work life flexibility, and while the responsibility for defining exactly what that means for each person largely falls on the individual, the company as a whole has a culture of supporting and respecting the individual needs of it's employees in this area.

Recruitment Coordinator

Human Resources

A great place, where my opinions and ideas are always heard. The best part of IBM is the people and the flat hierarchy, everyone is committed to progressing one another and always happy to grab a coffee to learn about other areas of the business.

IBM are great at recognising that everyone needs a work life balance, particularly for parents with children who are needing to do the school run etc. Opportunities to work at home etc.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maternity leave is at your manager's discretion, but you get 12-14 weeks (6 or 8 depending on delivery form (natural/cesarean) plus another 6 weeks of bonding time). You still have to do any training that pops up during that time, so I ended up working during my maternity leave instead of focusing completely on my baby and me.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

I was severely underutilized. After being brought into a specific role from outside IBM that took advantage of my skillset, I was moved through a series of reorganizations into a role that was not a good fit, despite my attempts to move to a more appropriate role. Upper management needs to consider their subordinates' qualifications and experiences (that includes industry contacts) when making changes, and not move people around like checkers on a board for the sake of moving them around for headcounts.

Very flexible work-life balance that makes you proud to be a part of this company.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Depending on the business area they would be joining. I believe women are treated differently in different areas of the business.

Human Resources

There are so many programmes to encourage and promote women into leadership roles... right from joining as an early professional or an experienced hire, there is always the support network and the mind-set of wanting women to achieve just as much as men throughout their career at IBM.

It can depend on the role you are in and the client you work for - but all in all the culture at IBM is very open to flexibility, as long as you are performing well in your role and getting the job done!

Human Resources

The people you work with are fantastic, I joined IBM as a student in 2007 and re-joined as a graduate in 2009 and have worked here ever since as the company really supports and develops you

I have recently come back from maternity leave and the flexibility I have to work the hours which work for my family is excellent

It is excellent, I took maternity leave from Dec 2016 to Jan 2018

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Budget restrictions can make my role challenging

Talent Science

Human Resources

Work-life balance is excellent, with the option of working from home occasionally for many roles, and often the flexibility to manage your own schedule around your own schedule.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

IBM is great employer to work for, the flexibility and opportunity offered and none which I have seen working for other companies. I would definitive recommend.

My role is very flexible, it allows me to work from home or the office. The technology I use in my role, such as video sessions allows me to have a great working relationships with my colleagues who work in the office and those who work from home. IBM are very flexible and understand and support personal matters can some time pop up in all our lives.

Early Professional Engagement & Attraction Events Coordinator

Human Resources

There are so many opportunities for males and females, and I have never felt hindered from taking them.

Depending on the team, the company is very understanding on different needs, and the overall culture is that I don't feel anybody else would ever question why you have slightly different working hours.