IBM

Headquarters:Armonk, NY(USA)10,000+ Employees
3.9

"Your work is valued in all areas of the business with a good and inclusive culture. "
Skills And Careers, Human Resources
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"Great flexibility and fabulous maternity leave! Inclusive atmosphere where I feel proud to be a women. "
Recruitment Partner, Human Resources
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"IBM is a great company for women. It is common to see women in leadership positions and I do not feel inhibited in anyway by being a women -- I feel I have the same opportunities as my male counterparts. I am constantly surrounded by many strong, aspirational women and always feel uplifted in that sense. I also think it's important to mention that there is a lot of empathy and understanding at IBM with regards to what it means to be a woman, and a lot of inclusivity about gender fluidity in both policy and in action at IBM. Of course there are many areas that still need improvement, but I strongly feel like we are on the path to a company that enjoys and promotes diversity and inclusion in many different areas, but specifically in parenthood and gender. "
One thing IBM can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
, Human Resources
"IBM has made some really great strides in the U.S. with increasing maternity leave opportunities for both women and men. My team in particular is very flexible and understanding when it comes to family. Not sure if that applies to the company as a whole, but in my personal experience, I am very happy with the flexibility that I am afforded to accommodate personal situations and balance them with work."
"I didn't take maternity leave and am not yet a parent but I am excited that IBM US is making great strides in flexibility and generosity in parental leave policies. A long way to go compared to other countries, but we are getting there!"
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"IBM while a very demanding employer, it does offer a lot regarding opportunities, flexibility and learning. "
One thing IBM can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"You should consider IBM. While the company is not perfect, they are aware of and committed to building an informed, diverse workforce and they are doing incredible things in the industry. "
One thing IBM can improve?
"IBM has incredible visionaries in leadership positions, however, they do not have great leaders when it comes to the development of others and building soft skills amongst their employees. Emotional Intelligence appears to be in short supply which can be frustrating. "
"IBM is about work-life integration over work-life balance, which in today's world, I feel is more realistic. So, if you have to pick your kids up from school early that is not an issue, but you are expected to be available and to work on tight deadlines. "
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"it's a very inclusive and equitable place to work ... I have never once felt discriminated against for for gender reasons. "
One thing IBM can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Director Of Early Professional Talent Acquisition, Human Resources
"I think IBM policies and management are overall flexible and supportive of work life - the challenge in finding the balance is managing an enormous work loads with a lack of support for heavy administrative burdens - very typical of IBM roles - in particular as you move up the management chain. "
"I"m not a parent"