Madam doratheexplorer

Women in leadership positions is prevalent in the company. I've never felt like I was held back from opportunities due to my gender. In addition, I've had many males sponsors. Work-life balance is encouraged and things such as working remotely, are becoming more common and accepted to promote this. There's many employee resource groups to encourage you to get involved with what you're most passionate about, including Women of Kellogg, which provides leadership development opportunities for all levels in the company.

Lady KHQ

HR acts like they have never delt with a pregnant woman before. So prepare for the process long before you go on leave. Talk to others, to make sure all the paperwork is correct (don't trust the HR team to do it correctly). The company claims to be flexible but the final decision is up to your boss. I got a new boss while on maternity leave and SHE decided not to honor the agreement I made with my supervisor prior to going on leave to work from home for a few weeks to make it easier for me to pump. Very rude awakening. When I discussed this with HR they took her side that she needed to work wtih me for a few months to determine if she could trust me to be productive working at home before granting me the ability to work from home. They totally missed the point that by then I no longer needed the time because my son was starting solids by then. When another co-worker went on maternity leave, my boss asked her teammate to find a way to reach out to her to respond to questions even though it is against company policy to have people work while on leave.

Maybe. Your experience highly depends on your manager

Lady Grey62

Kellogg consistently gets high ratings in Working mother and other publications, but i believe this is due to the skewed data from our headquarters office and not R&D. I have watched many working mothers trying to adapt back into the workforce and while some have success moments, i feel there is still a stigma an set back on the career track for taking time off. I have no known anyone to take more than the 12-13 weeks, even unpaid as it is looked down upon. Kellogg also touts benefits of flexibility with working from home or alternate arrangements, but would call these phantom benefits because if you ask your manager to take advantage of the benefits, there are many reasons telling you why you shouldn't or can't. Additionally, if you don't even have a child, there is no reason why you can actually use flex time or work from home either.

Maybe. If you already have older children and are established then sure. But if you are considering starting a family, no.