#16
3.7

Lady chicky

It is difficult to make the move from staff to management in support roles.

Maybe. It really depends on the department -- some are great, others are not.

Lady Trueword

The maternity leave is now expanded to 16 weeks, which is pretty generous. If you love accounting or accounting-related work, KPMG has decent perks and is a solid company to work for. The people are generally warm on the surface and the company emphasizes that it has a high-performance culture. The U.S. Chairperson and CEO is now a woman, too. However, if you are not an accountant or not in love with your work, then don't come here unless you just need a day job. Opportunities for non-accountants are few, and job duties generally remain the same even when you're promoted, unless you switch to a totally different job. However, chances of that are slim as they often want to hire only people who already fit every exact requirement of the job. The company is very conservative and not very creative, even though they are trying to improve their innovation and digital marketing. Most of the top senior women either don't have children, or had a stay at home spouse or nanny so they could dedicate many hours to the firm. Flexibility is much more available to those in the upper ranks than those in the rank-and-file, or even groups like Marketing. I have tried to request a flexible work arrangement without success. Leadership (including women leaders) like you if you show that your mind is 100% work-focused by talking about work all day. Certain sports are the favorites here, mainly golf (Phil Mickelson sponsor). In summary, definitely explore KPMG if you're an accountant. But if you're not one, then think hard about whether you want to work here.

Maybe. My answer to the previous question is yes and no. Even though the company has a good number of women leaders, depending on your department or team, YMMV.

Lady Truth

I have worked here for over 8 years and there are significantly more men than women in my group and overall. I think that if you are willing to speak up and take control you have an opportunity to succeed, however, it is still more of a boys club and you need to know how to maneuver that terrain. I haven't yet gone on maternity leave but have witnessed how some women are judged harshly by some colleagues, but are really overly supported by others. We have a really good maternity program in place, though I'm not sure how much of it is only on paper.

Maybe. If you are strong and vocal, and won't get easily intimidated being the only female in the crowd, then yes.

Madam anonymous811

I've work here for 4 years and there are a lot of women working here, many in leadership roles. Generally I believe they all genders are treated fairly but a majority of the partners are men which makes it a little tougher to network and "connect" with them. The maternity leave is generous but I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time. They could go a better job offering longer parental leave for fathers as well as training to PMLs on how to properly coach employees (both male and female) who are expending their families.

Event Manager

Events and Meetings

In the initial interview process your interviewers will emphasize work life balance. You'll have to work portions of weekends from time to time. Not true. The corporation communications you receive will emphasize that KPMG values and encourages work life balance. Your reality will be very little work life balance. If someone in the firm wants something you are expected to deliver ASAP with no respect to the hour of the request. Employees are cogs in the machine and are considered more like robots than human beings who need sleep, downtime, and family time. KPMG is a place where individuality and creativity go to die. Once you get through the probationary period it is a stable job. However, it won't challenge you much after you become adept and your role. Opportunities to move up or move between departments are very political. Overall, my advice is to plan to stay there for two years max to get the name on your resume. During that time they will drain you as much as they can. Staying longer is for those who want to keep sacrificing their persona life.

Performance

I feel when it comes to promotion and pay, men have advantage over women. With similar or even slighter higher qualifications, women probably are less preferred over men.

Analyst

Regulatory Risk

I have not been with this company long yet, but I do feel that women are treated fairly and I see a lot of women in advanced roles.

Lady yoyoyo

Associate

Audit

I think women are given 100% equal opportunity from my experience.

Lady Aspen

Director

Tax Technology

I've worked at KPMG for 29 years and love the firm. I've been able to advance my career and the sky is the limit; however, you will work to get there. Leadership has a clear vision of where the firm is going and always invests in areas they deem are growing. If you are a woman, you will love the firm. Great with AWA, alternative work arrangements and flex time.

The top level seem to be dominated by white males.