Navy Federal Credit Union www.navyfederal.org

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Navy Federal Credit Union?
Lady dancingqueen Assistant Manager, Branch Operations

I loved his company, but FMLA only applies to areas where there are more than 50 employees in a specific geographical radius, so if you work in a branch office which does not have several others nearby, FMLA leave is unavailable. Instead, maternity leave is treated as a short term disability claim, meaning 6 weeks paid at a certain percentage of your salary (8 wks for C-section). It was because of this that I left the company. I returned to work when my child was 7 weeks old and it was just too difficult and expensive. Otherwise, I this this is a fabulous company for women, especially since most of the branches I worked for were staffed by a majority, if not all, women.

Lady FLMama Lending Systems

The company reports that it employs approx. 60% women, however NONE are on the Board and it shows in their maternity leave policies. Women who meet telework requirements for performance and job role are NOT allowed to telework after maternity leave unless they were grandfathered in at the start of the program. Maternity leave cannot exceed the FMLA 12 weeks without getting fired. This company only covers 4 weeks of maternity leave at 75%. You can use annual leave or sick leave to make up the difference, but if your leave drops below 32 hours after you return to work, it reflects negatively on your annual performance review which then reflects in your annual bonus (called PIP at this company). This policy directly targets women who use the full 12 weeks of maternity leave provided by FMLA, then have to take additional leave to care for sick children upon their return to work. While the healthcare in itself is good for the area, the premiums are high to cover a family.

Health insurance coverage is very good compared to what is available with other companies in the area, however bi-weekly premiums are HIGH ($200+ to cover a family) and maternity leave is only covered for 4 weeks at 75% AFTER using 2 weeks of your leave.

Women Review Navy Federal Credit Union for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Navy Federal Credit Union by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website Lady dancingqueen Lady FLMama