Northwell Health https://www.northwell.edu/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Northwell Health?

Good benefits except no paid maternity leave. Only 6 wks disability at 50% of your salary, then you use PTO until it runs out. PTO includes both vacation and sick days. That effectively means no sick days for pregnant women, as you bank every PTO hour you can to create some semblance of a maternity leave. What stings most is knowing a) we are a healthcare company supposedly devoted to being top of our game and we disrespect employees so blatantly after childbirth and b) our CEO is from Ireland, where of course families actually get paid family leave benefits. Yet he seems completely uninterested in providing any remotely similar benefits to retain his own employees. The work culture is a bit family friendly with flex schedules, but is very far behind the times with working from home. Irrationally, working from home is 'just not done', even for jobs that could be done anywhere and tasks that would be more efficiently completed in a quiet home office rather than a noisy & distacting open office.

I had 4 weeks (20 days) PTO banked and so used that with 6 weeks STD at 50% pay, so not completely unpaid *but to be clear, Northwell contributes nothing once your use up your PTO and disability. PTO and disability are not the same as paid maternity leave.

Women Review Northwell Health for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Northwell Health by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website Anonymous - 10873