Northwell Health Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Northwell Health offers 3 weeks of paid maternity leave, 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 0 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Healthcare: Hospitals & Clinics Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Healthcare: Hospitals & Clinics industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Northwell Health
- anon2552 8 weeks paid 4 weeks unpaid
Northwell Health Maternity Leave Comments
- "Boyfriend received 2 weeks paid leave with same company, when told to follow up with leave of absence about extending time they said it's up to my director who told me she couldn't approve me more time due to scheduling. She also explained she had no per diem or part time options available. They did allow me to leave early if work wasn't busy." - anon2552
- "Good benefits except no paid maternity leave. Only 6 wks disability at 50% of your salary, then you use PTO until it runs out. PTO includes both vacation and sick days. That effectively means no sick days for pregnant women, as you bank every PTO hour you can to create some semblance of a maternity leave. What stings most is knowing a) we are a healthcare company supposedly devoted to being top of our game and we disrespect employees so blatantly after childbirth and b) our CEO is from Ireland, where of course families actually get paid family leave benefits. Yet he seems completely uninterested in providing any remotely similar benefits to retain his own employees. The work culture is a bit family friendly with flex schedules, but is very far behind the times with working from home. Irrationally, working from home is 'just not done', even for jobs that could be done anywhere and tasks that would be more efficiently completed in a quiet home office rather than a noisy & distacting open office." - Anonymous - 10873
- "I had 4 weeks (20 days) PTO banked and so used that with 6 weeks STD at 50% pay, so not completely unpaid *but to be clear, Northwell contributes nothing once your use up your PTO and disability. PTO and disability are not the same as paid maternity leave." - Anonymous - 10873
- "For Physicians and Executives, there is 6 weeks of paid maternity leave and an additional 6 weeks of UNPAID disability/vacation days that can be used to make a 12 week maternity leave. Only 6 weeks ends up being paid. Pretty weak if you ask me." - Anonymous