2.9

"It is hard to break in to really shine right now in the department I was in. Be ready to stay late for management to get to know you. Also, in order to learn, don't wait for the opportunity, go out and interact with your colleagues to learn as much as you can."
"not sure"
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"While they will let you leave early fro an emergency, they do not like you doing that often. Also, they will not let you change your hours to fit you life and expect you to stay late everyday for face time. "
"I wish I could've stayed longer on my last maternity leave, but was unable to afford it. "
Would you recommend Northwell Health to other women?
"There are women in higher positions, but they do not seem to promote the younger women joining the company. It seems like they are willing to make a change, but I don't know how long it would take for that. "
"No part time opportunity for non-clinical work, very misogynistic in this particular department"
"not sure"
Would you recommend Northwell Health to other women?
"I think there is as much gender equality here as there can be. "
Would you recommend Northwell Health to other women?
"The experience I had may not reflect the epxerience of others. What I observed and experienced directly was a traditionally conservative work environment, where people attempted to be PC but could not in fact empathize with others who did not look or act simliar to them. White males predominated and worked in positions that they were not qualified for or were defiantly lazy about occupying. The amount of disorganization and inefficiency that precipitated was disheartening, and frustrating. The organization seems resistant to change, reflected by their culture and their attitude towards changes in healthcare. The business model is also discouraging - viewing patients as customers - and the corporate sentiment behind this is also reflected in occupation of roles - most secretaries are women, male voices dominate conference room meetings, etc."
"no"
One thing Northwell Health can improve?
"Improve the cultural environment of the organization."
"Cannot speak for any other teams outside of the one I worked for"
Would you recommend Northwell Health to other women?
"Great place for growth and opportunites, There are many ways to advance your career such as taking classes at our Center for Learning and Innovation, tuition reminbursement, leadership classes and more. "
Would you recommend Northwell Health to other women?
"Good benefits except no paid maternity leave. Only 6 wks disability at 50% of your salary, then you use PTO until it runs out. PTO includes both vacation and sick days. That effectively means no sick days for pregnant women, as you bank every PTO hour you can to create some semblance of a maternity leave. What stings most is knowing a) we are a healthcare company supposedly devoted to being top of our game and we disrespect employees so blatantly after childbirth and b) our CEO is from Ireland, where of course families actually get paid family leave benefits. Yet he seems completely uninterested in providing any remotely similar benefits to retain his own employees. The work culture is a bit family friendly with flex schedules, but is very far behind the times with working from home. Irrationally, working from home is 'just not done', even for jobs that could be done anywhere and tasks that would be more efficiently completed in a quiet home office rather than a noisy & distacting open office."
One thing Northwell Health can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"I had 4 weeks (20 days) PTO banked and so used that with 6 weeks STD at 50% pay, so not completely unpaid *but to be clear, Northwell contributes nothing once your use up your PTO and disability. PTO and disability are not the same as paid maternity leave."
Would you recommend Northwell Health to other women?
"Verbal warning for lateness when I was told we'll work it out."
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"Boyfriend received 2 weeks paid leave with same company, when told to follow up with leave of absence about extending time they said it's up to my director who told me she couldn't approve me more time due to scheduling. She also explained she had no per diem or part time options available. They did allow me to leave early if work wasn't busy."