3.6

Sr Program Manager

Human Resources

Simply the best employer I have ever worked for. The D&I program makes you feel like you are apart of a family.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

tmofan

I have enjoyed my time at T-Mobile. I have been fortunate to have many opportunities and the autonomy to really own and drive my own career. It is a fantastic place to work, and a culture that really values diversity.

At the time we only had STD that covers 6 weeks at 60% pay, the other came from my PTO and I ended up taking an additional 3 weeks to stay home with my child for the full 12 weeks. Since then T-Mobile has implemented a 7 week, 100% paid maternity leave coverage - definitely a step in the right direction.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Lady MommE

Customer Service Rep

NA

Lady seattlecarla

Director, HRIS

HR

T-Mobile treats woman and men equally. The problem with this company is that it is consensus driven to a fault. Getting something done there takes a minor miracle.

Lady lasher79

I have worked here for 7 years and there is a very diverse group of people who work here. Women have every opportunity that me do at this company, there are probably more women in leadership at my center than men. T-Mobile is a great company to work at for women.

Lady lkolar9

Executive level is all male.

Lady LolaBear

Lots of opportunity to succeed. Great benefits. T-Mobile cares about you and your family. 7 weeks of paid maternity leave. 3 weeks of paid paternity or adoption leave. Childcare subsidies. 401(k) matching. Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Annual bonus. Mobile Service discount. and much, much more!!

Lady smoon

Customer Service Rep

General Care

I started being trained by all women in leadership roles. There were also men in leadership positions, but in my training program it was all women.

Lady jducato

Sales Associate

Sales floor

It is geared towards men, and they are given the advantage accordingly. Which includes bonuses, if there even any to be had, promotions, and paid leave. It's policies work against you if you have children and need to take them to a doctor's appointment, or pick them up from school because they are sick, etc. The pay is totally dependent on being constantly available to cover shifts, being given the hours that are afforded the most customers, and therefore more money that's available to be had, as well as, working 10+ hours a day, being able to pressure your customers to buy unnecessary added features because you will not make any money just selling a plan and a phone, and being willing to pull shady maneuvers to get a sale, or add features without the customers attention. The pressure is real, and it's motto is you can always do more no matter how much you excel. It's an extremely sexism environment, I cannot tell how many times I would be commented on about how my ability to do extremely well was solely based on me being a pretty girl or having boobs, or being a blonde. Top that off with my boss giving me unwanted relationship advice, calling me to go out, smacking my butt with cords for fun, and constantly expressing inappropriate serial comments or jokes. The worst was if a customer was giving me unwanted advances, or just plain creeping me out, if I asked for help I was told to suck it up, smile at the customer. And use my womanly wiles to make that sale. Now knowing all this keep in mind they if your willing to do the work and ignore all this you can make up to 40k to 50k a year. You do get some money weekly from an hourly wage starting at 7$ and depending on how much you sell, a monthly commission check on top of it. You always get great benefits, as far as shopping, healthcare, and a childcare subsidy. But despite this a lot of the women quit, and you will be predominantly outnumbered in the workplace, and find it harder to get promotions. It comes down to what you value most comparayively, and what you be willing to forgive or ignore if you want to work for this company

Maybe. it depends on what the individual values more comparatively

Lady Awesome

As a woman in an IDC role, I do not see any VP roles in my department to look up to. The women to hit the glass ceiling Sr. Director role tend to be the ones working at 3x pace than their male counterparts. Marketing is especially a boys club full of under qualified favorites (both at the SVP, VP and Sr. Director levels).

Maybe. Definite glass ceiling once you move into the VP levels. Senior leadership (especially in marketing) is a boys club.