Lady kash

Watch who you talk to and what you tell others.

Lady UPS HATER

PCA

Preferred Customer service department

Watch out for management. They would rather stick a knife in your back and throw you under the bus than take ownership for their short comings and for not doing their job. You are held accountable for every time you go to the bathroom, but they don't hold themselves accountable for anything! Including but not limited to screwing up your payroll or your benefits or talking about employees to other employees or just all around being hateful horrible people. I would also say don't ever trust the HR manager she is a horrible person! Don't go to work there and end up feeling stuck because of the decent pay and benefits. Other companies have to be better and treat women like a person and not just a number!

Lady solo

Two words....

Lady Mbosslady

Package car driver

At the time I wanted to quit everyday.. But 17 yrs later happy I didn't .. U have to have thick skin and love your job to survive...

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Lady waiting for hard work to pa

PT Supervisor

If I could go back 8 years and tell myself not to settle, that would bet my advise to any new employees. I use to be fulltime until 3 years ago when my job was eliminated. I have since been working part time busting my butt to get back to a full time position. I have a college degree, I have 8 years with the company, I work 2-3 hours a day unpaid just to make sure the job is done and our department runs effectively. All of that and I still have not been promoted to full time. I watch all of these people get promoted that have less years of service and or experience than me. I don't understand it. I have young kids which I don't know if that is the issue or not. I've hung on just hoping that something will pan out. but after the last 3 years I'm not sure there is hope. Overall benefits, pay, and employees are great!

Girl Girl

Middle management

Good benefits

Madam Meepster

The short-term disability that comes with the benefits package for all management is pretty decent- 100% pay continuance for up to a pre-determined amount of weeks and then 80% afterwards, up to 26 weeks if medical need necessitates. However, be prepared for the delay in paperwork and little things like c-section recovery being treated exactly the same as vaginal delivery for maternity leave, regardless of what the doctor says. My advice is that if you're a heterosexual woman, particularly without racial minority status or graduate level education, run. It's perfectly fine for a part-time job during school. It's not a career. The company as a whole, particularly in operations, has not left behind the "good old boy" mentality. I have been here for twelve years and while a good part of it was in my younger, less business savvy years, I have been consistently looked over for promotions due to my gender. Case in point? "You'll have more promotion opportunities open to you after the baby's born." said to me while pregnant with my last daughter. I then was expected to cover my supervisor on her vacation time. Be careful about considering a tenure here.

Lady Gretzky

Package Dispatch Supervisor

Operations

I worked here for 4 years and my biggest mistake was trying to prove that I am equally as tough as my male coworkers. What I learned is that no one is questioning my strength and instead that I came off as unapproachable and cold to many. Take advantage of networking with other woman. Many regions have woman's leadership development groups that meet monthly to support/guide each other and address any serious issues. My experience has always been that these meetings are not only fun and informative but also a safe place.

Madam J

Supervisor

Finish your degree on the company dime and leave.

Lady Sassy Pants

Solutions Engagement Resource

Customer Solutions

That UPS is definitely one of the "other guys". That I often see women getting favored above males and specifically white males in order to promote diversity. So, my advice would be to really apply yourself. Don't let the special favor let you forget to work hard to become a valuable part of the company. And be aware, there are still a few "old boys clubbers" out there but they are few and far between now. However, don't discount them either...they carry a massive amount of knowledge. Be respectful and be willing to learn the entire company inside and out. There's still a very clear, conservative culture here and you will be required to adhere to the mores.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at UPS in the past year?

say gotten better