Madam Meepster

The short-term disability that comes with the benefits package for all management is pretty decent- 100% pay continuance for up to a pre-determined amount of weeks and then 80% afterwards, up to 26 weeks if medical need necessitates. However, be prepared for the delay in paperwork and little things like c-section recovery being treated exactly the same as vaginal delivery for maternity leave, regardless of what the doctor says. My advice is that if you're a heterosexual woman, particularly without racial minority status or graduate level education, run. It's perfectly fine for a part-time job during school. It's not a career. The company as a whole, particularly in operations, has not left behind the "good old boy" mentality. I have been here for twelve years and while a good part of it was in my younger, less business savvy years, I have been consistently looked over for promotions due to my gender. Case in point? "You'll have more promotion opportunities open to you after the baby's born." said to me while pregnant with my last daughter. I then was expected to cover my supervisor on her vacation time. Be careful about considering a tenure here.

Lady Gretzky Package Dispatch Supervisor, Operations

I worked here for 4 years and my biggest mistake was trying to prove that I am equally as tough as my male coworkers. What I learned is that no one is questioning my strength and instead that I came off as unapproachable and cold to many. Take advantage of networking with other woman. Many regions have woman's leadership development groups that meet monthly to support/guide each other and address any serious issues. My experience has always been that these meetings are not only fun and informative but also a safe place.

Madam J Supervisor

Finish your degree on the company dime and leave.

Lady Sassy Pants Solutions Engagement Resource, Customer Solutions

That UPS is definitely one of the "other guys". That I often see women getting favored above males and specifically white males in order to promote diversity. So, my advice would be to really apply yourself. Don't let the special favor let you forget to work hard to become a valuable part of the company. And be aware, there are still a few "old boys clubbers" out there but they are few and far between now. However, don't discount them either...they carry a massive amount of knowledge. Be respectful and be willing to learn the entire company inside and out. There's still a very clear, conservative culture here and you will be required to adhere to the mores.

Lady anon379 OMS, Operations

To get to know your management well!

Lady doubleminority Supervisor, Warehouse

I wish I would have quit my first day. I have been mistreated for 10 years and so have many other people.

Lady SnoweeCat Drivers Helper, Delivery

I was a seasonal driver's helper. Working with the driver and delivering was fun, but dealing with corporate and HR was a nightmare

Women Review UPS for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of UPS by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.5 stars, based on 57 reviews Company Website Madam Meepster Lady Gretzky Madam J Lady Sassy Pants Lady anon379 Lady doubleminority Lady SnoweeCat