• Top rated company 2016

Lady Fester88

You need to have extremely tough skin to get along here!

Maybe. Non management employee only.

Madam anon998

Business Manager

Package

Good pay.

Sassy Girl

DA /clerk

Preload

Over all it's one of the best company to work for . And I am very glade that I've had the opportunity to have this job . Working for good people and also my family and friends around me . Thank you for UPS and the Union working together .

Supervisor

IE

This is a male dominated company with male dominated upper management in key areas. Females are generally not as respected as males, even those who have come through the entry level positions.

Maybe. For benefits only, not employee value

Lady pooter

Driver

Driver

Long hours.......

Lady tigerswan2003

In my 15 years of working for UPS, I have had a variety of supervisors and managers, because as we all know, UPS likes to move their management around. That being said, all the managers that I have had to report to have always treated me fairly. But, at times, it can feel like a "boys network". Two of the main things I love about UPS, besides the benefits, is that 1. They are a very family orientated company. 2. They actively encourage community involvement and volunteerism.

Lady Knowitall

Part Time Management

Operations

I have been with this company 18 years, 17 as a partime sup. It was a good company until it went public. Now it's a joke. As far as who gets promoted it's sometimes who you know sometimes who you are demographically. I have been pursuing a promotion for the last 4 years. Because I know so much they are deliberately using me for a multitude of things rather than developing me for the job is was told I would get. They have no conscience about it either. It has been brought to their attention repeatedly. They do not take responsibility for their own unmet commitments. I'm disappointed to say the least. It's no longer a company that values their employees.

Maybe. Not to either group

I've been with the company for 7 years. I work on the inside directly handling packages. The company provides great benefits. It's very hand work and can be stressful at times.

Lady Montague

Supervisor

I have been with UPS for almost 10 years in non-operations positions (read: I don't handle freight/packages and am not union). While I am happy to have a steady job, this is still very much a male-dominated company and I don't see them doing much to change. No paid maternity leave (except for disability insurance) and there aren't a lot of opportunities for work from home options or flexible work schedules (even if you have a laptop, you're still expects to put in your eight hours at the office - the laptop is so you can work in the evenings or weekends). In addition, you have a forced one-hour lunch, so you are looking at a nine-hour day minimum. It varies from group to group, but management employees are expected to go "above and beyond" and work early and/or late, plus take work home. This all adds up to making it very difficult to obtain any semblance of work-life balance (a term they throw around quite a bit, but never seem to actually do much about). As far as treatment of women, it's still clear this is very much a boy's club. It's much harder for women to get promoted and those that do are usually single and/or childless because they aren't being "punished" for trying to have a family. I had my first child earlier this year and while my management was supportive, I can already tell that my leaving right at 5 p.m. (Instead of staying to 5:30 like a "good" employee) is being noticed and I probably won't go much higher, but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make. A lot of people within UPS would like to see things change and eventually they may as the "old guard" starts to retire, but it definitely won't be for another few years at least. I am fortunate that I am one of the employees who is still eligible for a pension from UPS (newer employees aren't) - otherwise I would have left a long time ago.

Maybe. Good starter job, not great for women who have/want a family

Lady Violette1

In my time at working here, I have listened to numerous speeches on the embracing culture of UPS. How they promote from within and want a more diverse employee base. The reality is much more different. The higher level management has very few women, and most people who are promoted to the higher level are male. They do not really invest time or money in training in skills that would allow the entry level woman or male get to that next level, the IS department would rather hire outside the pool leaving entry level women at the bottom. Most women I have seen are pretty much promoted to business analyst nothing technical. They do have women's BGR groups, but I don't know if they actually have any mentoring or real help for women to get anywhere. Mid level women seem to stay there, some have been in the same position for over 10 years. there is no real way to learn new skills, only middle management is offered that, so honestly I would have to say its a good entry level position to try to get some experience, then move on to a company that wants people who want to learn and grow, UPS likes to keep things the way they have always done it.

Maybe. As an entry level position for a new graduate its a good start