- Headquarters Location New York, New York (United States)
- Number of Employees 1,001-5,000
- Website www.dowjones.com
Dow Jones is an ambitious provider of global news and business information, delivering intelligence consumers and organizations can't get anywhere else.
We inform our customers through various platforms including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. We produce leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Highlights from Dow Jones
Meet a Fairygodboss at Dow Jones
Anna Sedgley is Chief Financial Officer of Dow Jones, a position she has held since December 2012.
In this role, Ms. Sedgley is responsible for the preparing and reporting of the company's financial performance, managing treasury and taxation matters and providing strategic guidance, forecasts and analytical insight to support business performance. In addition to her role as CFO, Ms. Sedgley heads up the Dow Jones Operations Group and oversees newspaper production and delivery, legal and risk management services as well as facilities and security.
Ms. Sedgley joined Dow Jones in October 2009 as Vice President, Finance, after 10 years at BskyB, now known as Sky, which is part of 21st Century Fox. At Sky she provided financial support for a number of business functions including marketing, circulation, supply chain and technology. Ms. Sedgley began her career as a trainee chartered accountant at PricewaterhouseCoopers in London. After qualification, she spent two years working in finance at Debenhams PLC, a leading U.K. department store.
She is a graduate of the University of Adelaide, Australia.
What Women Should Know about Working At Dow Jones
For over 125 years, Dow Jones has attracted and hired the brightest most ambitious women of every generation. Female employees can expect a culture that is intellectually diverse, passionate about innovation and fiercely dedicated to excellence.
We offer a range of different affinity groups and experiences that foster a strong commitment to collaboration and community. From Women @ DJ, high potential women leadership development programs, mentoring, Wellness Week to rotation and job sharing experiences, we create an innovative and inclusive culture.
Concurrently, Dow Jones is a family-oriented organization that supports both women and men achieving work-life balance by offering a wide range of flexible benefits designed to best meet the familial needs of individual employees.
Programs, initiatives, groups
- Internal mentorship / sponsorship programs Yes
- Internal employee networking Yes
- Succession planning initiatives Yes
- Diversity initiatives / processes for recruiting Yes
- Sabbatical leave benefits Yes
- Executive coaching Yes
- Remote working No
- Part-time working Yes
- Percentage of your workforce that takes advantage of flexible working 80%
- Paid maternity leave Yes, 12 weeks
- Unpaid maternity leave Yes, up to 9 months
- Paid paternity leave Yes, up to 12 weeks for primary and 3 weeks for secondary care giver
- Unpaid paternity leave Yes, up to 9 months
- Adoptive paid leave Yes, same as other leaves
- Short-term disability benefits Yes
- Lactation facilities Yes
- Phased-in post-maternity return Yes
- Back-up childcare Yes
- On-site childcare Yes
- Childcare subsidies Yes
- PTO that explicitly covers care-taking Yes
- Elder-care benefits Yes