San Diego, CA (USA)
Number of Employees
Our spirit of innovation and challenge has created those special moments that make people say ‘wow’.
How? By harnessing the world’s most powerful source of creativity: our people.
Because ‘wow’ experiences are never a product of processes or procedures. They’re only made possible by liberating the passion and potential of the truly talented to do what excites them most.
So at Sony, you can turn your personal passions into meaningful innovations through the brave risk-taking, smart collaboration and boundless curiosity of your local team.
And you can also realize your full professional potential as part of an ambitious global company with the power and reach to touch people’s everyday lives. Including yours.
Together, let’s make the world say wow.
We are a global organization and seek individuals from a variety of generations, socioeconomic and educational backgrounds, and sexual orientations. Our employees are courageous, unique and diverse. They’re comfortable expressing their thoughts and opinions freely, and possess an unwavering passion and pride to deliver exceptional experiences to our customers.
Highlights from Sony
Meet a Fairygodboss at Sony
User Experience Researcher
San Diego, CA
Tracy Barnes is a user experience researcher at Sony Electronics, whose passion to improve the quality of people’s everyday experiences is what motivates her, and it’s her big “WHY” in life.
With 16 years of industry experience, Tracy collaborates with multidisciplinary & global teams to conduct and synthesize user research into actionable insights and needs that drive design/product decisions and inform business strategy.
She joined Sony Electronics, Inc. in 2007 and has trained/mentored fellow colleagues around the world on best practices in user research and usability testing.
She enjoys the positive impact of helping colleagues better understand this discipline, helping stakeholders find answers to their questions, and advocating for users in the design/development process.
In her personal life, Tracy is a mother to two young children, and an active volunteer at her daughter’s elementary school.
What Women Should Know about Working At Sony
Sony Electronics understands how diversity is linked to our success as a global company. We take pride in our diverse workforce and foster a culture of inclusion that creates an experience for employees where they know their ideas are valued and respected. This is a place where there is freedom to innovate and create products and services that reflect the desires of consumers around the world. By encouraging a wide range of ideas and viewpoints, we work together to build an amazing organization and life changing products. Sony Electronics Inc., the headquarter of Sony's electronics business in North America, which is located in San Diego, California, the United States, has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Sony has set a target for women to hold management positions at Sony Corporation, and pursues initiatives to actively hire, give active roles to, and promote women. For example, Sony operates a leadership program to develop leadership skills and attitudes among women and support their networking, by providing opportunities for career development and assisting the professional growth of women.
Programs, initiatives, groups
- Additional information
We’ve got you covered.
With thousands of employees nationwide, we give you the building blocks and you design your own program. Just as you are unique, so is your ideal benefits package.
Your health, your wealth and your overall well-being. You want it all and we can help. Sony offers a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to enjoy the rewards of a healthier and happier lifestyle. Here’s a look at the benefits and resources available to you as a Sony employee.
- Internal employee networking
- • Women of Action, Vision and Empowerment (WAVE) encourages opportunities for professional growth through leadership development, mentoring and networking for Women at Sony. We are committed to fostering diversity and empowerment in the workplace and continually seek to innovate and improve ourselves, our workplace, and the community around us.
• Sony Team of Enterprising Parents (STEP) creates a desirable and productive working environment by understanding and supporting the needs of the working and expecting parent.
• Core Hispanic Sony Professional Alliance (CHiSPA) Focuses on increasing the visibility and understanding of the Hispanic market while empowering Hispanic professionals within Sony.
• Equality ALLiance is designed to promote equality and inclusion for LGBT employees of Sony through education and increased awareness.
• FOCUS transforms employees into brand ambassadors for Digital Imaging products. We offer an excellent line of digital imaging products and helping our employees become better photographers will get them excited about the products and allow them to become advocates for our brand with their peers and family.
• Project E.C.O incorporates the different backgrounds, perspectives, and interests of its employee members to help achieve goals centered on the environment and community within Sony, supporting Sony's Strategic Business Goals. The goals of the group fall in line with Sony's four commitments, including the pillar of Our Community, which includes a key focus on "Green".
• Sony Toastmasters provides a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every individual member has the opportunity to develop oral communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.