3M Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
3M offers 20 weeks of paid maternity leave, 0 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 12 weeks of paid paternity leave and 8 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
6 100% ConsensusSubmit a Tip
Paid Maternity Leave (weeks)
12 12 67% Consensus 26Submit a Tip
Unpaid Maternity Leave (weeks)
? Unknown - please leave a tipSubmit a Tip
Paid Paternity Leave (weeks)
? Unknown - please leave a tipSubmit a Tip
Unpaid Paternity Leave (weeks)
Industrial: Diversified Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Industrial: Diversified industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at 3M
- Lady Slembry 6 weeks paid 15 weeks unpaid
- Lady Leader 6 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady JayR 6 weeks paid 10 weeks unpaid
- Madam Juniper 6 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
- 6 weeks paid 4 weeks unpaid
- ShowMeTheEquality 6 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
3M Maternity Leave Comments
- "Doctor took me off work because of preterm labor and they denied my short term disability they also wouldn't provide the help I requested wile I was pregnant" - Lady Slembry
- "I have worked at 3M for 15 years and am very proud to be a 3Mer and have no plans of leaving the company. A flexible work arrangements policy was very recently updated to make it more formal and accessible to salaried employees. I have had support to work flexible hours and often remotely for many years, but that was not possible for many as it was left in the hands of one's manager. Now, it is encouraged for employees and managers to arrange flexibility per what the employee would like to do balanced with what is also in best interest of the department. I still see a large number of white men at the top of the company. Even though some women are making their way into the VP ranks, it is usually in an administrative/corporate function. There is a lot of improvement in equality left to do, but I do think the company is committed to this and will get there someday. The unpaid 12 weeks maternity leave is on top of the 6 paid, so 18 weeks total." - Madam Juniper
- "They really need to have a longer paid time off." - Anonymous - 7809
- "3m is what you make it. The culture rewards people who carve their own path, so don't expect anyone else to manage your career for you. As a full-time working mother, I think their maternity leave policies (6 weeks, nothing official for dads) are far below average. Flex time is also not standard policy, and must be negotiated individually with your manager (and is often not approved). Most executives are male with stay at home wives, and just don't get the realities of two working parents. For a company that insists on hiring only those with Master's degrees and PhD's in many disciplines (meaning older recruits in prime child bearing years), their policies toward families are woefully antiquated. " - ShowMeTheEquality
- "No paternity leave here. When you go on unpaid maternity leave, you do not accrue for years of service. So after two kids, my official start date with the company is 4 months later than when I actually began working here." - ShowMeTheEquality
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typi...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...