We crowdsource Indiana University's maternity, paternity and parental leave policies, based on Indiana University's employee reviews and anonymous tips from Indiana University employees.
Indiana University Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Indiana University offers 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 12 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Educational Services: College & Universities Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Educational Services: College & Universities industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Indiana University
- Madam bloom2015
- 0 weeks paid
- 12 weeks unpaid
Indiana University Maternity Leave Comments
- "I've worked here for over 4 years. There is some inequity between employee class types. Faculty members receive paid parental leave, while professional and support staff must use accrued paid time off, but your jobs is protected for 12 weeks under FMLA. As professional staff member, I had to be very stingy about taking any time ahead of the birth so that I would have enough PTO saved to cover (just part) of my maternity leave. Though, it was a comfort knowing I had a job to come back. Also, experiences vary from department to department. Thankfully, my supervisor was open to allowing me to come back part time and work my way back up to full time." - Madam bloom2015
- "Great flexibility depending on role, department, supervisor, paid maternity, great benefits, they are striving for work life balance." - Bosslady910738
- "Depends on your employment class, but I am being given no paid maternity leave and will be required to take all of my accrued vacation time before I can be given any unpaid leave." - sully1127
- "Although this may depend on employment class, my husband will not be given any paternity leave at all." - sully1127
- "IU staff get 30 days PTO in addition to one floating holiday to be used at employees discretion" - anon4289
- "IU recently rolled out a 6 week paid parental leave program." - anon4289
- "Eligible employees can use their FMLA time after exhausting the 6 weeks of paid parental leave" - anon4289
- "Not a match - IU contributes 10% of an employees salary into a retirement account without requiring any contribution by the employee." - anon4289
- "Excellent plans. If choosing an HDHP, IU contributes the full amount of the deductible into an HSA account helping the employee avoid as much out of pocket expense as possible." - anon4289
- "Up to boss's discretion. Each boss I've had has been flexible regarding flex time. Non-salary staff accrue comp time vs flex time." - anon4289
- "IU provides an $100 incentive if you obtain annual health screening (they do not require the results, just a signature that the screening was complete). Some staff have access to free or reduced exercise facilities and programs." - anon4289