Starting a new job is anxiety-provoking and takes a lot of perseverance and hard work. But no one ever found success in life without, at some point, taking a leap of faith in her career. From first jobs to climbing the career ladder to starting at an entirely different company—or even starting your own—people from all stages and walks of life have faced that first day in a new office with different people.
Here are 13 inspirational quotes and sayings to kick of your new new career and huge step toward career success on the right foot. Congratulations on making this leap—and good luck!
13 New Job Quotes by People Who Have Been There
1. "Starting a new job can be nerve-racking , but it's also exciting. You're embarking on a new future, positioning yourself to write a fresh story on a clean slate."—Adena Friedman
2. "Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for doing it."—Katharine Whitehorn
3. "To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth."—Pearl S. Buck
4. "Be open to the amazing changes which are occurring in the field that interests you."—Leigh Steinburg
5. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."—Eleanor Roosevelt
6. "I still get the jitters every time I start a new job! I love it—makes you feel alive."—Camille Guaty
7. "When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of all purpose: What a wonderful opportunity to start all over again, to turn over a new page."—Eileen Caddy
8. "By doing, you become employable. It doesn’t matter what the job is; by working, you learn new things, meet new people and are exposed to new ideas."—Kate Reardon
9. "Every single job is a challenge. You are walking into a new set, a new character, creating a world and trying to get comfortable to do your best work."—Felicia Day
10. “A new job is like a blank book and you are the author."—Author unknown
11. "If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on."—Sheryl Sandberg
12. "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward."—Amelia Earhart
13. "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."—Beverly Sills