Flamingo Images / Adobe
It’s no secret that finance is a male-dominated field. But just as we’ve seen companies implement more supportive policies for women in tech in recent years, there also seems to be a trend toward making finance a more women-friendly industry.
A few key employers are leading the way — and Fairygodboss is working closely with them to host a day-long virtual career fair, exclusively for women in finance, on Sept. 13. Beginning at 8 a.m. ET, the fair will connect job seekers with recruiters at companies that want to bring more women onto their finance teams.
Here’s why women in finance can get ahead by participating:
1. As an attendee, you’ll have the chance to speak directly with recruiters from companies that care a whole lot about gender equality — all from the comfort of your couch (or wherever is convenient!). Participating companies include Bank of America, JPMorgan, E-Trade, Charles Schwab, TIAA, Mercer Advisors, Fitch Ratings, and Fisher Investments.
2. Ever feel like you’re sending your resume into outer space... or like you’re applying for jobs that were posted six months ago and are already filled? No chance of that here. Rather than wasting time, you’ll know that you’re exploring roles that are 100% open.
3. Virtual = convenience. You can make connections and browse thousands of jobs from wherever you’d like and from whatever device you’d like, so long as you have an internet connection.
4. If you’d like to learn more about the companies you connect with during the fair, Fairygodboss has you covered. Wondering whether these prospective employers tend to promote women, what their leave policy is, or whether you’ll have at least some control over your hours? Fairygodboss — the largest career community for women, which crowdsources this info from real women employees — will hook you up with candid answers.
5. Getting ahead shouldn’t only be on your mind when you’re desperate for a change. Even if you’re not actively looking for a new role, keeping your options open is never a bad idea. Trust us — you won’t regret taking a look at what’s out there.
© 2022 Fairygodboss