We all have goals — personal goals, professional goals, goals for success, and goals to solve a life problem. And we all know the hard work it’ll take to reach these goals. But sometimes we need a little help, or an inspirational quote to motivate us to jump into that hard work and accomplish the personal goal we set for ourselves.
In these goals quotes, you’ll find a number of inspiring words of advice — from people like Martin Luther King Jr., Sheryl Sandberg and Pablo Picasso. Maybe one of these motivational quotes will really speak to you. Maybe one of these inspirational quotes will inspire action. That’s the hope.
If you need some goals quotes to help you reach your goals, or if you’re just trying to set some, these motivational quotes are here to guide you.
1. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” — Jill Koenig
2. “You can’t hit a home run unless you step up to the plate. You can’t catch a fish unless you put your line in the water. You can’t reach your goals if you don’t try.” — Kathy Seligman
3. “Be a bush if you can't be a tree. If you can't be a highway, just be a trail. If you can't be a sun, be a star. For it isn't by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
4. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you.” — Maya Angelou
6. "A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive." — Walt Disney
7. “To live a fulfilled life, we need to keep creating the "what is next", of our lives. Without dreams and goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here.” — Mark Twain
8. “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” — Tina Fey
9. “One part at a time, one day at a time, we can accomplish any goal we set for ourselves.” — Karen Casey
11. “You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
12. “Decide whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying.” — Amelia Earhart
13. “Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default.” — J.K. Rowling
14. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
16. “Where there is a will, there is a way. If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open.” — Pauline Kael
17. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” — Aristotle
19. "Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." — Muhammad Ali
21. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” — Albert Einstein
22. “This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook -- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all have fun!” — Julia Child
23. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” — Oprah Winfrey
24. “I know how it looks. But just start. Nothing is insurmountable.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
26. “You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” — Ted Turner
27. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins
28. “In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed.” — Sid Caeser
29. “Life can be pulled by goals just as surely as it can be pushed by drives.” — Viktor Frankl
31. “Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right.” — Aldous Huxley
32. “Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground.” — Theodore Roosevelt
33. “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” — Michelangelo
34. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” — Andrew Carnegie