Managing Director (MD)

IT

Accenture can be a great place to work up to the Senior Manager level. At the Partner/MD level, there is a lot more competitiveness, ego, and less respect for the individual.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. I would recommend Accenture to women seeking roles at the Senior Manager and below levels. I would not recommend Accenture to women seeking Partner/Managing Director roles.

Business Operations Analyst

Operations

They have great policies for women, but unfortunately they are not flexible with timing. I see a 8 month pregnant person come into work everyday because she's afraid she will miss opportunities if she works from home.

I'm not familiar with other consulting clients of Accenture, however, the area I worked in was tech heavy and it was the worst culture I've ever experienced. The women on the team were encouraged to sabotage each other for bonuses and promotions. The young, very sexist, male middle managers always promoted male employees first and gave them bigger bonuses. The woman employees were always piled high with the lowest profile, grunt work. One male colleague, who had less experience than I and was doing the same exact job, was being paid double and bragged about it constantly. He went so far as to show me his pay stub and all the perks he was given when hired that I was not. The woman managers did not advocate or mentor new or existing females, even though everyone was assigned a "mentor." I had a woman mentor who also mentored another male colleague. She advocated for him and got him a bonus and left me to fend for myself. I've tried many times to think of constructive ways of improvement. There is such a deeply embedded culture of denial at this company. Men are running the show at all the highest levels and they have a formula of pitting employee against employee that has been working for them for decades. There's so much smoke screen in the form of new "programs" and initiatives for equality that seem to be serving a token few for the sole purpose of performing for the media. All I can say is that there are some very good programs in place such as flexible work hours, accrued vacation and family leave, but if daily work life is hell, these small compensations are not worth sticking around for. They need to get in the trenches and talk to woman and minorities in non-management roles and find out what's really going on.

The flexible hours and options were the only thing keeping me and many others at this company.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Diversity efforts are supported at grass roots and C- and regional level executives but bad practices remain in the leadership tier directly beneath.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Depends on the department and role.

It's a consulting firm, so any project within the company will be extremely time consuming. Although some projects are more flexible than others, it was always hard to find time for your family and yourself when work weeks were mostly working all day. Even when working from home it wasn't that good.

Marketing Manager

Marketing

Be careful about talking about your family and children. They aren't interested and ding you for having young families.

Sourcing Specialist

Operations

If you are a seasoned consultant, the company would be a great fit. But if you are fresh out of college or from another career path, I've noticed it's rare to see a woman rise up the ranks quickly without having to leave the company and then come back.

There's not a straight answer regarding flexibility as it all comes down to your division and then immediate management. Globally, the company is flexible on paper... but I do not see that flexibility within my company group alignment.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Accenture has excellent professional & career development programs to assist women (and anyone) with moving to the next level, but these are typically self-driven and can vary in accessibility depending on the type of role and line of business. Those with ambition, drive, and strong internal-to-the-company mentors will do best here. Now with a public goal of 50/50 gender equality in staffing and 25% of management roles staffed by women, I've seen a big improvement in proactive efforts to prepare women for leadership and promote them.

Senior Talent Acquisition / Digital Mobility Delivery

Human Resources

Global Company, work life balance, benefit package, training and development, great people to work with and for, women leadership programs, committing to boosting workforce to 50% women by 2025

Accenture values all their employees and have special programs and benefits for their nursing moms.

Manager

Marketing

It may be a better fit for the start of your career, versus once you're trying to start a family.

I'm just looking to leave the consulting industry. I don't think the work-life balance and travel are sustainable with having a strong family.

Maybe. If you're up for the consulting lifestyle, it can be a good fit for you. I've also noticed that people who started their career at Accenture are generally more satisfied than experienced hires.