Accenture

Headquarters:Not applicable, (N/A)10,000+ Employees
3.7

"Accenture can be a great place to work up to the Senior Manager level. At the Partner/MD level, there is a lot more competitiveness, ego, and less respect for the individual. "
Managing Director (MD), IT
Would you recommend Accenture to other women?
"I would recommend Accenture to women seeking roles at the Senior Manager and below levels. I would not recommend Accenture to women seeking Partner/Managing Director roles."
"They have great policies for women, but unfortunately they are not flexible with timing. I see a 8 month pregnant person come into work everyday because she's afraid she will miss opportunities if she works from home."
"not sure"
Business Operations Analyst, Operations
Would you recommend Accenture to other women?
"I'm not familiar with other consulting clients of Accenture, however, the area I worked in was tech heavy and it was the worst culture I've ever experienced. The women on the team were encouraged to sabotage each other for bonuses and promotions. The young, very sexist, male middle managers always promoted male employees first and gave them bigger bonuses. The woman employees were always piled high with the lowest profile, grunt work. One male colleague, who had less experience than I and was doing the same exact job, was being paid double and bragged about it constantly. He went so far as to show me his pay stub and all the perks he was given when hired that I was not. The woman managers did not advocate or mentor new or existing females, even though everyone was assigned a "mentor." I had a woman mentor who also mentored another male colleague. She advocated for him and got him a bonus and left me to fend for myself. I've tried many times to think of constructive ways of improvement. There is such a deeply embedded culture of denial at this company. Men are running the show at all the highest levels and they have a formula of pitting employee against employee that has been working for them for decades. There's so much smoke screen in the form of new "programs" and initiatives for equality that seem to be serving a token few for the sole purpose of performing for the media. All I can say is that there are some very good programs in place such as flexible work hours, accrued vacation and family leave, but if daily work life is hell, these small compensations are not worth sticking around for. They need to get in the trenches and talk to woman and minorities in non-management roles and find out what's really going on."
"no"
One thing Accenture can improve?
"The flexible hours and options were the only thing keeping me and many others at this company."
Would you recommend Accenture to other women?
"Diversity efforts are supported at grass roots and C- and regional level executives but bad practices remain in the leadership tier directly beneath."
Would you recommend Accenture to other women?
"Depends on the department and role."
"It's a consulting firm, so any project within the company will be extremely time consuming. Although some projects are more flexible than others, it was always hard to find time for your family and yourself when work weeks were mostly working all day. Even when working from home it wasn't that good. "
Would you recommend Accenture to other women?
"Be careful about talking about your family and children. They aren't interested and ding you for having young families. "
Marketing Manager, Marketing