• Top rated company current
  • Top rated company 2017
3.8

Lady Swimmer

Consultant

Great place for working women who don't mind travel.

I have worked at Accenture for 20 years. It is an amazing place filled with incredible people -- including 130,000 women. One thing i really like, if you want to make a change and improve benefits, you speak up and ask for changes. Lots of variety and opportunity and the company is always reinventing itself. Everything is underpinned by technology.

Consultant

I think experience depends on the practice and business unit that you are in, but I've seen many women achieve great success in our industry group. No glass ceiling that I've seen, though our numbers are still noticeably smaller at the very top. These women definitely work more hours that the average woman but seem to still maintain a high quality/balance of life. Also, I think they recently started a program to ship breast milk for the traveling new mother.

Lady palestina

Manager

AI - Client & Delivery

It's who you know, if you network with the right people and people like the work you are doing, you will see movement in your career and the cool projects will come your way. They say there is flex work-life balance but working in the consulting world there is really no such thing, Accenture or otherwise. You will however find that some managers and projects are willing to be flexible so you may not have to travel M-Th or every week, I've been working at Accenture for 4 yrs and even though I have not seen upward mobility in my career, the flexible projects do come my way and salary and merit increases do happen every year. The people are great to work with here, very smart, hard working driven folks so you wont get any slackers on a project, if you do they tend to find their way out of the organization fast. You will find people on your project that are flexible and understand that people have a life outside of their current client and project and support you when you need to head out early or cant travel one week.

Madam techconsultant

Analyst

Technology Consulting

I've worked here for almost 2 years and there are not a ton of women that work in my department/segment. Technology Consulting is very male-driven. Women are given opportunities but it does seem that fewer of them are able to climb up the ladder the way that men do, seeing there are so few women in leadership roles. That being said, I don't think I'm treated unfairly, I just think there are still some underlying reasons why its hard to grow as a woman in this industry. Getting closer to figuring out why and changing that is something I hope I can contribute to in order to make things better for all women.

Maybe. Maybe, if they were looking for a challenge. Accenture does not seem to promote women the same way it does men, as you can see by the very minimal women in leadership. Its unfortunate, because I really enjoy working there and every day is a challenge -- in a good way.

Lady Paris5

Consultant

I have found the experience seems to be equal for men and women for the most part from what I have seen.

Madam anon503

Credit Services

This company is probably one of the most progressive with respect to health care options, maternity leave options, and options for positions within a variety of industries.

There are women-specific, internal, networking and social groups. Working for 9 years, I've seen projects that were predominantly male and some that were predominantly female, so my experience would be a 50/50 split as far as demographics. I did not encounter any situations with anyone taking maternity leave, so cannot speak to that.

Lady Holkham

Senior Manager

If you are willing to delay the pursuit of MD, Accenture is great in terms of flexible working arrangements. If you want to make MD, very hard with children unless one spouse is a stay at home.

Lady kalihatma

Women do tend to be treated fairly in Accenture, but it largely depends on what group you are working with.

Maybe. It would depend on what part of Accenture they were to work for.