Baylor University

"This university has a dominate white male leadership that expects women to be submissive and unconditionally obedient. Abuses go on right under their noses that they turn a blind eye to. If a woman comes forward under their whistleblower's policy for support and protection, there is almost immediate retaliation."
"no"
One thing Baylor University can improve?
"Senior leadership retaliates when women come forward to report abuses such as workplace bullying, discrimination, and sexual harassment. "
Faculty Member, Academics
"Academia can be flexible. In my specific department, some had great flexibility but those targeted by the abusive boss were piled on with infeasible directives and unfair workloads. "
Would you recommend Baylor University to other women?
"Some departments/supervisors are better than others. Assertive women are often seen as abrupt and uppity."
One thing Baylor University can improve?
"There was no published policy when I took my leave. I believe there is now, but I had to go on what others in my department told me. My supervisor tried to tell me I could only take 8 weeks total--if I hadn't been informed, I might have believed him."
Would you recommend Baylor University to other women?
"I have worked in many industries in a number of roles. Baylor Univ has a great culture. Not all departments are created equally - I can honestly say that the business school is a great spot."
Director, Graduate Business