Concho Resources Inc.

www.concho.com/

Concho has great benefits and I enjoy the work environment here for the most part. I wish there were more women in leadership. The lack of a parental leave policy and work hours flexibility does not make it the most family-friendly place to work.

There is no part time option for new mothers/fathers and children are not permitted in offices.

There is no official parental leave policy. Instead, Concho uses medical leave to cover maternity leave, so it's up to the insurance company's doctor on when you return, not your own OB. If you'd like to use unpaid leave (FMLA-12 weeks) you have to use up all of your PTO first (leaving you with no time off for the rest of the year).

Maybe. The lack of a parental leave policy is a nightmare for new parents, so I don't recommend for those planning on having children. Other than that, benefits, work environment and pay are great

The gender gap here is closer than at smaller companies in this industry but there is still plenty of room to improve.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

I took 12 weeks of paid maternity leave which is considered medical leave by my employer.