This is a great place to work if your first priority is maintaing a good work/life balance.

If the pay equality issues are resolved.
fbiqzqqq

This is a great place to work where you can see the management always have measures to improve women's worklife here

LouLou

It's a great place to work. I haven't encoutered any problems.

female anon 207

Facetime is huge. Ability to work from home is there, but not recommended. Women make it worse by bragging for driving in snow to make it into the office.

It's a good company, but it could be great. Expect to be told what you want to hear to get in the door and then all of that goes out the window once you're actually on board.

I think this could be a great company to work for if they invested a little more in their employees and provided opportunities for growth (especially for women).
DJ123

Good place to work and seems like if I had children I could have a work/life balance.

anon1452 Reporter, Newswires

Dow Jones has amazing products like the Wall Street Journal, but the newsroom leadership is dominated by men. As a recent study by the union showed, it's difficult for women to get fair compensation.

I think it's an amazing opportunity to work here, but I'm not sure it is flexible for mothers and see few women promoted internally in the newsroom.

Dow Jones has a great work-life balance; management will work with you when unexpected emergencies come up.

658658 Director, Customer Group

There are smart people working here, and we represent and produce great brands and products. If you have ambitions to advance in a career here, you must be prepared to consistently show results. However, you must also be prepared to continually flex and seek out clarification on how to measure success as objectives and deliverables shift often.

The benefits are competitive, and there is an evolving culture that is slowly moving towards more work/life balance. What's still missing: transparency about compensation (how is it determined? what can we do to get more?, are there salary ranges? What are they? How can I earm more bonus? etc etc), clarity around how to create and advance along a career path, and more input from middle/upper management regarding org structure and compensation.
1. Provide more transparency with regards to criteria for compensation decisions, (eg: clearly communicated salary ranges, consistent use of titles and clear criteria for promotions. Tie performance reviews to compensation more consistently and, again, with transparency. 2. Stop sending mixed messages about work/life balance. If it's embraced, as per lip service, than provide clear path for employees to easily work from home, establish criteria for doing so, and set appropriate expectations- for all, not just for some.
Anon1952

Good place to work, flexible work hours, poor communication at lower management levels.

Women Review Dow Jones for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Jones by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 83 reviews Company Website fbiqzqqq LouLou female anon 207 anon1044 DJ123 anon1452 anon1453 658658 Anon1952