General Dynamics http://www.generaldynamics.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about General Dynamics?
anon1794 Customer Service Representative

Be prepared to put on your armor each day. If you have a disability they will accommodate you, but you have to fight for it. Be prepared to be told they lost your documents verifying you need for the accommodation each time your team changes.

Only if someone was desperate for a job. If you are not in the right cliques you will not have much chance to advance with the company regardless of education and experience.
They could improve hiring and get rid of the cliquish mentality. It feels like middle school some days. They could also be better at not discriminating against those with disabilities. In one of my last interviews for a promotion my accommodations came up in the discussion even though they can't ask about that. I'm fairly certain that my disability kept me from getting the job, but I can't prove it.
Lady Mechanical Engineer

I specifically worked at the Electric Boat division. The company is entirely a good, old boys club with little desire to advance employees, in general, and no desire to advance women. In my time there, I was given secretarial work when I am a degreed engineer and watched as the other new people in my department (both males) receive training, opportunity, and inclusion from our co-workers.

Lady allmoxiedup IT Program Rep, Information Technology

Ever walk by a construction site and all the men are hooting and hollering? That's what it's like here, except without the whistles. My co-workers ask me out to dinner and try to set me up with their sons.

If you like being the only woman in your department, this is the company for you.
Madam Engineering

My area is roughly 20% women, and while I haven't noticed any overt discrimination, many women are leaving because they feel they have not been treated fairly.

Madam summer rain

I've been working here for 3 years. The female population is very low. I feel that the pay structure is fair, but there are liberties taken at times with what scale people are hired at. Some people with less experience are hired at rates that are beyond their training.

Lady Anna1123 Business Development, Health

I have been here for a few years and there are a lot of women, many in managerial, director and VP roles. The pay is good, benefits are on par with all large companies. All in all I really enjoy it here and would highly recommend.

Lady mamabirdmt

n/a

Madam Sterling Supervisor, CCO Phones

I've worked at this company over 5 years, it wasn't until recently that advancement opportunities presented themselves. While there are quite a lot of women in the same role I am, going further up the chain seems a little more difficult and to take more time to get there. I would say though, that all in all it is a good company for women. Plus everone, man or woman is grossly underpaid.

Sometimes it seems to work more on the Who you know rather than the What.

Women Review General Dynamics for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of General Dynamics by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.9 stars, based on 8 reviews Company Website anon1794 Lady Mechanical Engineer Lady allmoxiedup Madam Engineering Madam summer rain Lady Anna1123 Lady mamabirdmt Madam Sterling