"It seems very hard to progress up the career ladder once you have a family. I have felt like I am the victim of biases from both men and women (but mostly women) in my time here."
People Development Specialist, People Operations
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"Things are probably better here than at some other places but still not great"
"I have worked for this company for the past 2 years, and so far it is very much like any tech company few women. We are growing though, and it is great to see that many of us had a chance to be recognized and promoted. Maternity leave is very generous, and you don't have to take it all at once. However it is still a male dominated world, and us girls have to stick together."
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"Work life balance is not easily possible as you rise the ranks. Lots of competition."
"Depends"
"I've worked here for a few years. There are plenty of social groups for women and minorities. I do believe women are generally treated fairly but their are so many micro aggressions. A huge lack of diversity. I did not meet many senior level women."
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"Not many women in leadership. I find that a lot of women leave before dealing with the politics."
"How many women there are varies by area of the company, but a large number of men are clued in about how marginalized people suffer in small ways, and are good and vocal allies. The company is trying to change. It's phenomenal to work with so many super smart people on such impactful projects."
Product Manager, N/A
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"Seemingly good for younger women; most of senior technical women are pushed out. The politics are fierce. Never underestimate the power of a 10-year Googler no matter whether they have any, even rudimentary, domain knowledge. Many 10 year googlers don't seem to actually accomplish much other than preserving their positions and whispering into the right ears."
Director of Engineering, Google
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"they have huge resources."