IBM

Headquarters:Armonk, NY(USA)10,000+ Employees
3.9

"This company is very diverse. It has a very welcoming atmosphere. Most people are open to new ideas with a few exceptions of course, as with everywhere in life."
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"Fast paced, inspiring, superb career growth and terrific people to learn from - a very collaborative and supportive work environment. "
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"IBM is a great place for women to work. I have had incredible mentors and managers who have opened doors for me to advance. I have had the opportunity to work for different clients, in different industries, in different countries, and on very different types of projects for the entirety of the time I have been with the company. This very much fits my personality, and personal motivation to come to work each day. I love to be challenged, to have to learn on the go, and to never be sure what the next project will bring. I have thought a few times about moving in-house somewhere, but honestly, it just doesn’t appeal to me because I can’t imagine doing the same thing day in and day out! I gained so much from having hands on technology delivery experience in previous roles. "
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"IBM has a culture of flexibility, I think this is due in large part to the fact that IBM was a trailblazer in remote work. There are high expectations but as long as you meet them, you have great flexibility in terms of where and when you work. "
One thing IBM can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Senior Managing Consultant,
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"At IBM, you have to take ownership of your own career. If you are someone who waits for instructions, or a big opportunity to prove yourself, this is likely not the right place. It doesn't have a great mentorship culture. However, if you are willing to take chances, and instead of waiting for the "right" opportunity, reach out to other people and create those opportunities for yourself- this is a great place! The best part is- you can literally find the one person who is the best in their industry, you can set up some time with them and learn from them- hack the learning process. Finding that person is like finding a needle in a haystack, but it can be done. Also, you will learn an incredible amount. I have been here for 2 years, and I have taught myself everything from agile development, to newest testing methodologies, to automation technologies to Blockchain- all because I just reached out to people and asked them what they did!! And did my homework on how this applies to my current role... "
Business Development Executive, Strategy & Business Development
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"IBM’s culture supports women and all diversity as part of its DNA. I’ve raised three children as a single mother and made it to executive. Never have I felt blocked from advancement "
One thing IBM can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Partner, IT