Lady anon631 Sr. Manager, GBS (consulting)

I had a boss forbid me from telling a client I was pregnant for fear of them not extending me on a contract. I was nearly 20 weeks pregnant at the time. What about my safety if something happened? He was a huge jerk, and all I wanted to do was to move to a new boss. I tried to talk to him about how much this mandate upset me and was none of his business, and he just hurled insults. I had to report him to HR because his rules were illegal, and nothing happened to him. What a joke. I left soon after. Even during my short-term disability, the company pestered me for documentation and documentation to justify my time away from the job. There are too many other great companies out there--please pass on this one.

Lady anon542 Management Consultant, GBS

I worked as a GBS management consultant (100% travel) for four years. I was frequently the only woman on my team and the only working mother. Departments are highly siloed and networking opportunities limited. Maternity leave was a mess. My manager had no idea how to go about the paperwork and assuming everything was filled correctly, the processing was a nightmare. I lost my healthcare coverage twice while on leave - once while on paid leave, and again while on unpaid leave. HR also missed two months (8 weeks or 4 paychecks) of my payroll after I returned to work. I was on the phone sorting things out with insurance, hospitals, and the IBM employee hotline every week for the first six months of giving birth. It was an administrative nightmare on top of all the normal stress for new moms, working parents, and consulting professionals.

Lady anon437 Senior Consultant, Global Business Services

Many women in leadership roles but often seemed unhappy in their lives outside of work.

Good benefits

Women are rising in the company as witnessed by their current CEO. While I was there there was a good number of women in the marketing departments but the proportion of female to male is still off.

depending on her job and department
Lady Safety Software Engineer

Management was male dominated, very competitive atmosphere resulted in long hours away from home.

Lady Lovee Manager

They should know what they want.

Lady randmcnally

male dominated...guilty until proven innocent ideology amongst management/superiors

Lady Hummingbird3 IMAC Coordinator, IMAC

worked 3 years no chance for advancement

Lady firefeet

You'll remain solidly middle class. Learn the rules and they'll change them on you. Had a manager tell me my second line manager would "kill me" for "needing another maternity leave so soon."

Madam intech Account Manager, Sales

Great company with great benefits for both males and females!

Women Review IBM for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of IBM by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 85 reviews Company Website Lady anon631 Lady anon542 Lady anon437 Lady anon167 Lady Safety Lady Lovee Lady randmcnally Lady Hummingbird3 Lady firefeet Madam intech