Lady anon247 Senior Business Analyst, GBS

I was laid-off when my daughter was 18 months old. When I returned to work after maternity leave, I was diagnosed with Post partum depression and anxiety. I received zero support from the company - all that matter was my utilization numbers.

Lady anon20 Project Manager, Incentives and Commissions

I've worked here for 30 years. In my career there have been plenty of women in very powerful positions.

Lady lovetohike NA Learning Deployment Manager, HR

I've been with IBM for 14 years and have had a pretty good experience, for the most part. I do feel women and men are treated equal; however, because of the role I was in there is a lot of travel required. This makes it difficult to have a family. The good thing, is that IBM is so big and there are other opportunities available with less travel, you just have to be proactive about finding those opportunities. Most of the women I work with, either have no children or their children are older, you don't see a lot of women with young children in my area. I think the travel makes it too difficult.

For consultants and higher levels, travel is expected. I, being an Executive Assistant, works well because I am a virtual admin. I work from home and can support Executives all over NA.

I would recommend IBM to Consultants or Management level I would not recommend to any Admin Assist because they are not hiring

The plus is that many jobs allow you to work from home. But you pay a price- you are expected to be available 24/7

Lady IBMer

My team was fully supportive of my maternity leave. After the 9 weeks, I was able to work remotely with no issues

I would tell myself to figure out what my strengths are and find a job the fits those strengths. Don't wait or hesitate because the opportunities are there if you go look for them.

Lady Network Geek Senior Technical Staff Member

I've been with IBM for 20 years, and although technical men outnumber technical women by quite a lot, I'm happy to say I've encountered very few problems with sexism - the vast majority of people I've worked with have been respectful, and I feel my ideas and my work have been treated in a very gender-neutral manner. On the downside, I moved up the career ladder while also starting a family, and the amount of work and travel required have increased to the point where I feel I'm going to break. I just cannot recommend this job to anyone who has family responsibilities or doesn't want to live for their job.

Lady A

It is a big company.... you can't have too big of a network. It is hard work, but necessary.

Lady Neptune Marketing Manager

The best strategy I employed at work was to carve our work / life balance. For years I worked at the expense of my personal life. Then after working with a professional coach (provided by my employer!) I started to write my my personal goals at the exact same time I wrote my professional goals. After my yearly assessment with my work manager I track myself against my personal goals. This creates a balance and has resulted against me growing both professionally and personally. Women can do it all... but I propose that maybe not at the same exact time.

Women Review IBM for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of IBM by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 85 reviews Company Website Lady anon247 Lady anon20 Lady lovetohike Lady anon249 Lady anon248 Lady IBMer Lady anon250 Lady Network Geek Lady A Lady Neptune