IBM

Headquarters:Armonk, NY(USA)10,000+ Employees
3.9

"If you want a great work-life-balance, I recommend working at IBM. It is a large company so experiences can vary based on your department and leadership, but I've personally had a positive experience in my three years here. I enjoy doing a lot of things outside of work and working at IBM allows me to keep up with those things. I am also thankful that they encourage you to learn and grow in your skills. The provide various programs and learning opportunities. "
One thing IBM can improve?
"In my first few years at the company I would say, to make it it easier to talk about promotions and compensation increases. Now, there have been a lot of positive changes and they're launching a new program that encourages you to have career conversations with your managers on a frequent basis. It's a step in the right direction! "
Software Engineer, Engineering
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"IBM is a great place to work. I highly appreciate their flexibility in work hours."
One thing IBM can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"IBM is a great place to work. They have great opportunities and promote training. They provide flexibility for working from home or coming into the office."
Project Manager,
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"To meet your career aspirations, seek resources that allow you to succeed; people, skills development, connect with communities & others."
One thing IBM can improve?
"I believe there was a promise made that projects would be required to have a balance of men-women. That has yet to be implemented. Accountability is lacking."
Managing Cosultant, Compliance
"In my experience, I agree that there is flexibility and policies have been adapted to provide a very favorable work-life balance. However, there is conflict between the employer's policies and he reality of project delivery."
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"The organization is Great! Lots of opportunities for growth, learning, advancing your skills, knowledge, and variety of initiatives in addition to your full time job. However, in practice there are barriers that do not allow everyone to perform at the best, people who abuse their authority to prevent others from success or simply to intimidate them, or exclude them from engaging with teams that they work with (perhaps to suppress them from succeeding or performing on par or better than their peers), or blatantly frustrate others. While the organization is striving to make positive strides to level the playing field, there is no real accountability to ensure the practices are being adopted. Women in particular are still not treated fairly but their counterparts;I have witnessed an extreme case of women being disrespected by a male - and that was not the first incident he had. Nothing happened to him."
"IBM is a diversity forward employer. We have women in powerful positions in all aspects of our delivery model."
One thing IBM can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend IBM to other women?
"Technical positions are held primarily by foreign males. There is little security or advancement for Americans, let alone female Americans. Getting a promotion means almost no work-life balance. Recent layoffs disproportionately affected older women, and recent exposes have uncovered that IBM favors millennials and deliberately set out to reduce "older" employee headcount (i.e. anyone over 40)."
"not sure"