Lady momof3nc Advisory Software Engineer

I have worked for IBM for 28 years. I could have accepted a job anywhere, but I was promised "full employment" and "respect for the individual." We were told "family first, then God, then work." My how things have changed. I pay $1400/mo. for benefits that have high deductibles and co-pays ... management does not care about their employees anymore .. the future is bleak. I have to say, the first 20 years were pretty great .. management was very supportive of me being a working Mom. When our department got downsized, I was forced to move to a new area. It is a sweatshop. Management does not care about their employees, or give any appreciation for all of the hard work that is done. (I'm not talking monetary bonus, I'm talking "good job.") .... I plan to start looking for another job .. I'm just too miserable here

Lady Destiny

I have worked here for many years. I have had wonderful leaders that value my contribution. Any health or personal issue has never been a problem to take time off. There are many options for work/life balance and the leaders will work with you to help you.

Lady Ariel Assistant, Global Administration

I was an IBMer for almost 25 years before I was resourced - IBM's term for laid off. Employees who were on the 'old plan' and over the age of 55 are the ones being targeted. Administrative assistants in particular, with the possible exception of Band 5 assistants, are skating on thin ice with regards to how much longer IBM will keep them employed before having someone in Malaysia or Costa Rica take over providing their clients with support. On the positive side, the first 21 years of my career were filled with many learning opportunities across multiple functions within the IBM corporation.

Lady 481 Staff Software Engineer

There is a lot of flexibility and work life balance.

Lady Puppykins

Corporate divisions tend to be gender-neutral. P&L divisions have a little more gender discrimination, although very subtle.

Lady anon251 Software Client Leader, Software Group

In my experience, IBM does a very good job of encouraging employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Vacation and family time are respected and encouraged. As a work from home employee who is responsible for arranging my own calendar, I am able to manage my responsibilities with relative ease. Women are a minority in the company (nature of the history/industry) but that is slowly changing. Overall, a good place to work.

Lady Bop Manager, Software development

It's changed. You can't disappear for a year and be confident your job will be waiting.

Lady Lion Senior Manager

Flex time, part time work, and work-at-home possibilities can be very beneficial. However, often times weekend, on-call and long hours are required which can interfere with work/life balance.

Lady mrssears Architect, ITS

I've only worked here for a couple of years and so far I've been impressed with the work to life ratio. Unfortunately, I've been thoroughly unimpressed with the bonuses/pay raises, etc.

Madam Jupiter Software Engineer, Software group

Flexibility is excellent, big perk. Raises/bonuses are discouraging..

Women Review IBM for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of IBM by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 85 reviews Company Website Lady momof3nc Lady Destiny Lady Ariel Lady 481 Lady Puppykins Lady anon251 Lady Bop Lady Lion Lady mrssears Madam Jupiter