Intel Corporation http://www.intel.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Intel Corporation?

They are actively trying to recruit and retain more women and minorities.

Anon451

They are actively trying to recruit and retain more women and minorities.

hackcodehack

The will say a lot about pay parity but the real metric you want to care about is grade parity. NEVER let them put you in a grade lower than you deserve because "they want to see you succeed."

• 5

It's gotten worse recently with the CEO targeting remote workers, especially open source developers.
TechnoQueen Dmm Project Manager, Marketing

Don't be shy.

Get rid of BOZO managers whose sole purpose in life is to make everyone around them miserable.

Don't act weak in any way. They will eat you alive.

Anonymous12

Great employer. Very diversity focused and supportive of women careers

Lots of layoffs and outsourcing lately but still great employer
anon1628 Principal Engineer

If you are non- tecnical you might find it satisfactory. For technical women bias and sexism are widely present

Technical work is interesting
IntelVegan

It's hard to get promoted, despite your gender. They respect if you have to leave due to child/family obligations, but they won't be super happy about it.

worklifebalance

Because Intel is a large company, spanning many geographies, a lot of your experience depends on your location, your manager, your department, etc. So, please keep that in mind as you read the reviews. My review is for the Hudson, MA site. First, the positives: Overall, Intel is definitely one of the better companies at which for women to work. There is flextime, which means that you can come in at 10 am after dropping off your kids at daycare, and then leave at 4:30 to pick them up, if needed. (And then log in after the kids are asleep to do the rest of your work). Or you can work from 6am-3PM or something like that. As long as you get your work done, they don't measure the hours. In general, women seem to be treated as equals. I never felt that people looked down on me or judged me just because I am a woman. (At my previous company, by contrast, this was not the case). Now, for the areas of improvement needed: I would like to see work/life balance factored into engineering schedules. As is common with a lot of engineering companies, the engineering schedules are very unrealistic, and there is a lot of pressure to meet deadlines. I had said that there is flextime, which is true. However, my standard joke is that "Intel does not measure the hours you work, as long as you put in your 60 hours." What I mean is that it feels like there is an expectation that you will work 60+ hours a week, nights, and weekends constantly. I would not mind if this were true once in awhile, but it seems to be all the time. It's not that they measure the hours you work, because they don't. It's more like you feel like you have to work all the time just to meet your deadlines, or respond to the latest "work emergency." You can push back on this to some degree, and I have. However, it seems to get harder to do so at the upper levels. Also, there is a big push from the corporate level to hire and retain women. They still have some work to do, of course, but at least they are trying. Overall, if you can prioritize, and push back to some degree on unrealistic expectations, this can be a good place to work.

They give you 2 months of bonding leave, which is paid, I think. On top of that, there are 4-6 weeks of recovery after you give birth: so a total of 3 months. I have seen people take this leave, including the guys.
I would like to see work/life balance factored into schedules. It seems like there is an expectation that you will work 60+ hours a week, nights, and weekends constantly. I would not mind if this were true once in awhile, but it seems to be all the time. You can push back on this to some degree, and I have, but it seems to get harder to do so at the upper levels.
StuffedGrapeleaf

Intel gives managers lots of authority, has very few formal policies about e.g. flexible working, so depending on manager many things are possible even if not strictly typical for the company.

It's a big company, extremely variable by group but, on the whole, has an "engineer looks like a dude" culture.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review Intel Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Intel Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 69 reviews Company Website Anon451 hackcodehack TechnoQueen Anonymous12 anon1628 IntelVegan worklifebalance StuffedGrapeleaf