Intel Corporation http://www.intel.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Intel Corporation?
Lady flower777

Big push recently to increase diversity.

I've worked here for nearly 5 years, and the culture & diversity are not that different than those of other large SV companies. (Oh to have the confidence of a mediocre male middle manager.) However, the company is making it a priority to become more inclusive - at least they recognize the issue; solving it will have its own problems.

We are trying to improve diversity in recruiting & promotions, the problem is the people (generally men) who are already here and the entrenched culture. If you're tough & have a good manager, it's a great place and inspiring to be part of the change.
Lady agnikai Software Engineer, SSG

I had a pretty horrid experience when I was hired full time, and had to quit the company 8 months in. The environment i worked on was competitively hostile, and I was made aware that I was directly competing with person of my grade level, and only one of us was going to get a good review. Not fun. The team, and from observation, the company in general had high tolerance for incompetence, and consistent expectations to work 3-6 hours overtime for below average SE salary. Myself and another woman on the team were publicly shut down for taking initiative and asking for challenging work on a team standup. We were both also misled about the nature of our job, and put into menial positions. I'm aware that Intel experience 95% depends on the management. Intel is currently taking a lot of initiative to hire women in tech fields to get to a 50/50 ratio, which is commendable. They have, however did not improve in women- retainment statistics, and from my experience, I can see why that could be the case.

Lady Bunny Marketing Manager

Recently they instituted more generous maternity leave. They also (depending on manager) offer fairly flexible work environments. There are a lot of smart women, but mid and senior level management are still largely men. Intel just launched a diversity initiative that hopefully will not just encourage hiring more women, but will increase the number of women in the management ranks.

Lady anon600 Sr. Software Engineer, SSG/DRD

They have an open door policy which allows anyone to raise issues with HR directly.

Lady jade123

90% politics 10% meritocracy. Mediocrity. No diversity of thought.

Lady MountainGoat Engineer

I have worked here for over 5 years. There are women in several management positions but lesser in technical roles. That field is still dominated by men and it's hard to be heard/recognized. There are talks of diversity but it's a joke and looked down upon by many men.

need to be on top of your game all the times
Madam anon356 Design Manager, SDG

Its a competitive, intense environment. Can be professionally rewarding for folks motivated to achieve but not so for folks wanting to coast.

Lady BPO Sr Business Analyst, IT

I've worked here for 5 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

With the right manager, yes.

Women Review Intel Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Intel Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 66 reviews Company Website Lady flower777 Lady anon769 Lady agnikai Lady Bunny Lady anon600 Lady jade123 Lady anon583 Lady MountainGoat Madam anon356 Lady BPO