Intel Corporation http://www.intel.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Intel Corporation?
Lady Divine Marketing, DCG

I have worked for Intel Data Center Group for 20 years and do not feel I have been represented fairly by male supervisors. There have been instances where I was "scapegoated" by supervisors wishing to cover for themselves and forward their own career. Intel culture and performance rating requirements i.e. the necessity to have a set % of employees that receive "below expectations" or "improvement required" ratings encourages competition and backstabbing rather than collaboration. It is a military culture. The performance rating system needs to be revised. Also, this company is definitely a "good old boys" network. Management is male-dominated and not diverse. A male colleague told me that he was at a Portland strip club and Data Center Group management was having a "offsite" together there. Really nice to hear about that!

Lady Manufacturer Technical Project Manager, Non-Volatile Solutions Group

I advanced at a reasonable pace for the first 10 years I worked at the company and was being groomed for further advancement. For family reasons I had to move to a less optimal location, but the groups I worked with were very flexible and found ways to keep me engaged, although advancement slowed due to not being able to take on the most challenging projects remotely. Other women who did not relocate appeared able to continue to advance despite having children. There does seem to be a bit more of a barrier to the top technical positions, however, based on few women technical fellows.

Lady anon234 Manager, CCG

Generally, in my view, women are treated fairly but at times feels a bit male-dominated and there are not enough women in leadership positions. It is going in better direction, but cultural changes take time.

Still too few women in leadership
Lady Slipper

Very few women in the management chain, they are startlingly absent

Lady yeer Mechanical Engineer

There has been a big push towards diversity here as of late, and a big effort to bring up the number of technical females working here. Some people are not too happy about the gender preference during the hiring process and I can understand why, but once hired I think everyone is treated fairly equally. I did get a few ignorant questions when I first started but only from a select few older males.

Lady MV

Intel pays lot of attention in bringing women to the organisation. You will find lot of women in marketing and financial roles.STEM women number is still growing.

athena Girl Technology and Mfg Group - Tech Dev

I've worked here for 10+ years. While management talks about meritocracy, they don't walk the walk. The paucity of women in leadership roles is appalling. All of the typical challenges - lack of advocacy or sponsorship; literal and figurative old boys club; subtle biases -especially for strong assertive women; grueling hours and little flexibility. The division I work in particularly relishes firefighting 'task forces' and the need for long hours. On the bright side, The company started offering 8 weeks paid parental leave - which is a great benefit.

Would recommend other parts of the company, not my group
Lady techlady Senior Systems Analyst, IT

I have worked here for 17 years and have never been bored with my job. The amazing thing about Intel is that you own your career path and you can always move to a diff job, or take on extra projects that are not necessarily in your scope of work, but that may interest you or growing your skill set.

Lady anon235 Senior Finance Specialist, IT

Very competitive, lots of comparison to peers.

OnFire Girl

Even though Intel is taking a good company wide stance to make working environment more woman-friendly some managers are having a hard time overcoming their personal narrow minds to comply with the company spirit. They can't legally discriminate, but they can make your life hell. Be ware of bad manager, in general.

Women Review Intel Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Intel Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 66 reviews Company Website Lady Divine Lady Manufacturer Lady anon234 Lady Slipper Lady yeer Lady MV athena Girl Lady techlady Lady anon235 OnFire Girl