Intel Corporation

3.6

"I've worked here for 5 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time."
Sr Business Analyst, IT
Would you recommend Intel Corporation to other women?
"With the right manager, yes."
"I have worked for Intel Data Center Group for 20 years and do not feel I have been represented fairly by male supervisors. There have been instances where I was "scapegoated" by supervisors wishing to cover for themselves and forward their own career. Intel culture and performance rating requirements i.e. the necessity to have a set % of employees that receive "below expectations" or "improvement required" ratings encourages competition and backstabbing rather than collaboration. It is a military culture. The performance rating system needs to be revised. Also, this company is definitely a "good old boys" network. Management is male-dominated and not diverse. A male colleague told me that he was at a Portland strip club and Data Center Group management was having a "offsite" together there. Really nice to hear about that!"
Marketing, DCG
Would you recommend Intel Corporation to other women?
"I advanced at a reasonable pace for the first 10 years I worked at the company and was being groomed for further advancement. For family reasons I had to move to a less optimal location, but the groups I worked with were very flexible and found ways to keep me engaged, although advancement slowed due to not being able to take on the most challenging projects remotely. Other women who did not relocate appeared able to continue to advance despite having children. There does seem to be a bit more of a barrier to the top technical positions, however, based on few women technical fellows."
Technical Project Manager, Non-Volatile Solutions Group
Would you recommend Intel Corporation to other women?
"Generally, in my view, women are treated fairly but at times feels a bit male-dominated and there are not enough women in leadership positions. It is going in better direction, but cultural changes take time."
Manager, CCG
Would you recommend Intel Corporation to other women?
"Still too few women in leadership"
"Very few women in the management chain, they are startlingly absent"
Would you recommend Intel Corporation to other women?
"There has been a big push towards diversity here as of late, and a big effort to bring up the number of technical females working here. Some people are not too happy about the gender preference during the hiring process and I can understand why, but once hired I think everyone is treated fairly equally. I did get a few ignorant questions when I first started but only from a select few older males."
Mechanical Engineer, N/A