Technology and Mfg Group - Tech Dev

I've worked here for 10+ years. While management talks about meritocracy, they don't walk the walk. The paucity of women in leadership roles is appalling. All of the typical challenges - lack of advocacy or sponsorship; literal and figurative old boys club; subtle biases -especially for strong assertive women; grueling hours and little flexibility. The division I work in particularly relishes firefighting 'task forces' and the need for long hours. On the bright side, The company started offering 8 weeks paid parental leave - which is a great benefit.

Maybe. Would recommend other parts of the company, not my group

Senior Systems Analyst

IT

I have worked here for 17 years and have never been bored with my job. The amazing thing about Intel is that you own your career path and you can always move to a diff job, or take on extra projects that are not necessarily in your scope of work, but that may interest you or growing your skill set.

Senior Finance Specialist

IT

Very competitive, lots of comparison to peers.

Even though Intel is taking a good company wide stance to make working environment more woman-friendly some managers are having a hard time overcoming their personal narrow minds to comply with the company spirit. They can't legally discriminate, but they can make your life hell. Be ware of bad manager, in general.

ASMO

Overall this is an amazing company and the corporate office is establishing initiatives to eliminate pockets of discrimination. With that said there are some large pockets of discrimination, especially in the smaller offices. If you get into a good group then your progress will be based on your abilities and performances. If you are unlucky enough to get into one of the groups where nepotism and "good old boy" clubs reigns, then continue to work hard, keep your head down and try to blend in with your hair, clothing and mannerism until you can transfer into a better group. If you are unable to blend in - i.e. you are the only female or the only minority or you are naturally outspoken then spend every free moment trying to network with other groups and develop sponsors who will speak positively and objectively on your behalf when you try to transfer.

Maybe. it depends on the group, same group are extremely professional and meritocracy based, however some groups are steeped in nepotism and the only way to succeed is to be a blond beauty or related to someone high up

Validation Engineer

Intel is a big company, depends on the team and kind of work, the environment can be different for women engineers. It's somewhat friendly to women engineers now since we are hiring more women in recent direction.

Maybe. Depends

Web Designer/Developer

IT

I worked at Intel for 11 years with so many talented women and men. Many of the management positions were held by women. I started as a Sr. Admin Asst and a woman manager helped me to get promoted.

generally i believe women are treated fairly but management is male dominated and not diverse

PDE

We have a women group which enhances our career, work life balance

A person once said that at year-end evaluation time about 90% of women at Intel are given feedback as it relates to their personality - too assertive, not assertive enough, etc - while only 5% of men do. Meanwhile, men tend to get more evaluated based on performance. I certainly experienced that - told that I lacked soft skills when I didn't get along with a coworker to never showed up, and when she did, didn't do her work. I know female engineers have a completely different set of circumstances, seeing as how they're completely outnumbered, but in HR there are lots of women so I've never felt outnumbered. I see women in VP roles but it's clear that they deal with the same personality critique and face being the "right kind" of female leader.