• Top rated company 2016
  • Top rated company 2017
3.6

OnFire Girl

Even though Intel is taking a good company wide stance to make working environment more woman-friendly some managers are having a hard time overcoming their personal narrow minds to comply with the company spirit. They can't legally discriminate, but they can make your life hell. Be ware of bad manager, in general.

ASMO

Overall this is an amazing company and the corporate office is establishing initiatives to eliminate pockets of discrimination. With that said there are some large pockets of discrimination, especially in the smaller offices. If you get into a good group then your progress will be based on your abilities and performances. If you are unlucky enough to get into one of the groups where nepotism and "good old boy" clubs reigns, then continue to work hard, keep your head down and try to blend in with your hair, clothing and mannerism until you can transfer into a better group. If you are unable to blend in - i.e. you are the only female or the only minority or you are naturally outspoken then spend every free moment trying to network with other groups and develop sponsors who will speak positively and objectively on your behalf when you try to transfer.

Maybe. it depends on the group, same group are extremely professional and meritocracy based, however some groups are steeped in nepotism and the only way to succeed is to be a blond beauty or related to someone high up

Validation Engineer

Intel is a big company, depends on the team and kind of work, the environment can be different for women engineers. It's somewhat friendly to women engineers now since we are hiring more women in recent direction.

Maybe. Depends

Web Designer/Developer

IT

I worked at Intel for 11 years with so many talented women and men. Many of the management positions were held by women. I started as a Sr. Admin Asst and a woman manager helped me to get promoted.

generally i believe women are treated fairly but management is male dominated and not diverse

PDE

We have a women group which enhances our career, work life balance

Lady motown1223

A person once said that at year-end evaluation time about 90% of women at Intel are given feedback as it relates to their personality - too assertive, not assertive enough, etc - while only 5% of men do. Meanwhile, men tend to get more evaluated based on performance. I certainly experienced that - told that I lacked soft skills when I didn't get along with a coworker to never showed up, and when she did, didn't do her work. I know female engineers have a completely different set of circumstances, seeing as how they're completely outnumbered, but in HR there are lots of women so I've never felt outnumbered. I see women in VP roles but it's clear that they deal with the same personality critique and face being the "right kind" of female leader.

Madam Bea2579

Experience Prototype Developer

Perceptual Computing

Its an old boys club. That breeds unconscious behavior through pattern, but I don't think people are closed minded towards change. Its also a very multi-cultural company, which is awesome. The double side of that knife is that there is equal representation of all ethnicities, some of them are people who grew up in countries were there are varying treatment/ expectations of women.

Lady clq4

I've worked here for 20 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues.