Employee reviews at Los Alamos National Laboratory

Los Alamos National Laboratory

4.5

"Los Alamos is committed to diversity and inclusion and creating a work environment where all diverse groups of employees feel engaged and respected."
One thing Los Alamos National Laboratory can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Eeo Diversity Specialist, Human Resources
Policies, Culture, Hours
Would you recommend Los Alamos National Laboratory to other women?

Want to

"At the most senior levels, there are fewer women. There has never been a female Director/President or VP-level equivalent. As far as I know there has only been one female deputy director but that role is largely placed solely by the LLC company and not necessarily the lab. Politics can be horrendous and I saw many people (women and men) get brought down by it, rightly or wrongly. Although it seemed to be pretty equal opportunity and not specific to sex/gender. There are pockets where women are staunch advocates of others and support, mentor, and guide them and others where they seem to try to bring them down. Some high level managers do have reputations for being pervy, lecherous, and downright inappropriate with female staff. From what I could tell it was very widely known in certain circles (a quick Google search and you can find a couple of very specific ones). I don't think this is all that different from any other comparably-sized company though. All in all, I was in a male dominated area and never once felt my gender put me at a disadvantage. The environment itself requires thick skin but not at all based on any sort of gender bias that I noticed in my several years working here."
Computing Systems Professional
Would you recommend Los Alamos National Laboratory to other women?
"Maybe"